Bay light switch (toggle cover)

The switch is probably a Carling.  The series used in the Monaco is somewhat universal in that there are at least 3 or maybe 4 styles of rockers or operators.  They also come in three different configurations.  Black (or they come in RED also….maybe other color

PLAIN or no “nothing” on the top; “INDICATOR” or jewel….when switch is ON, it lights up….the bulb is in the switch and just shines through; ILLUMINATED as in when you turn on the parking lights at night, there is another Jewel or clear spot that illuminates the switch.

NOW….the bummer…your odds of finding an exact replacement for the rocker, technically called the actuator are slim and none,  Monaco used at least 2 or 3 different styles.  There is a rectangular one and a rectangular with little bumps on it and also a contoured one. Monaco had a private company “pad print” the wording or writing on them.  Pad printing is like having a rubber stamp and a “paint pad” or an ink pad that has paint on it.  The stamp was placed on a thin layer of paint, so the paint is only on the rubber.  Then you “stamp” the actuator…the ink is specially formulated to react or actually “dissolve” the surface of the plastic…then the solvent flashes off or volatilizes and the ink is dry and then the paint and the ink are chemically crosslinked (bonded) and the logo or wording is actually now part of the plastic.  Very tough and durable.  The shops that did this had special machines and could make their own stamps.  They would run several hundred and then, SOMETIMES, clean the stamp and save them….but your pad or stamp was made 16 years ago and a lot of these shops were cottage industries.  They could label anything with a certain type of plastic.

OK….the next thing is the switches will “pop” or snap into place….but, to remove, without damaging, you need a cheap special tool that releases the locking tabs that hold the switch in place.

As to your particular switch, take a picture of the top.  Call Northwest RV Supply in Oregon.  They literally bought out all the pieces and parts inventory that Monaco had when they shut down.  Going into that store and warehouse is like a gigantic flea market. They will ask for a picture and then check their stock.  To the best of my knowledge, there was never a specific part number for the actuator and Monaco would only sell the entire switch.  I know…i had one break also.

You can do ebay searches.  I had a red one wear out.  It was my exhaust brake.  I actually called and got the style and color of the original actuator that was onnthe switch.  I then found one online and used a Brother Label printer and then put on a label.  Looks great, just not OEM.  If you buy a used one, it could be “bad” is the vendor just yanked it off.

There are dozens of companies that are online that sell the common rockers….some with commonly used labels….such as BULGE PUMP.  The Carling switches are used extensively in the Marine industry….

googling and doing it extensively and creatively is your friend.  I found at least 10 companies…but none had an EXH BRAKE…muchless RED 

Are you refering to the switch that is in the coach or the switch that is part of the fixture in the basement? I had a switch on the fixture go bad and in the end it was faster and easier to just replace the fixture with a new LED version.

3 hours ago, Shanna Eaves said:

Where can i find the switch cover only. 2008 Monaco Dynasty IV rev tech had the switch but not the rocker part. TIA

Please clarify and post a picture of the switch or one that has the same shape as the defective one

I got a red jake brake switch and had it monogrammed with the word JAKE BRAKE from Rocker Switches Pro you can make any switch you want, lighted, unlighted, etc.

Edited by ktloah
New name

2 minutes ago, ktloah said:

I got a red jake brake switch and had it monogrammed with the word JAKE BRAKE from Carling Tech...you can make any switch you want, lighted, unlighted, etc.

I wish i had known that.  I talked twice to tech support last fall and he never mentioned that option.  He actually googled and found me the shops that did the standard pad printing that Monaco used on the OEM switches.

It would help the poster if you could walk her through how you went into the Carling system to get your custom actuator.

Thanks….