FAKE OUT MY ALLISON....or I want to....and need help....or maybe talked out of it...

MODERATOR's EDIT.  This is from @Gary Cole.  I started a NEW TOPIC as the post deserves it and it will also "confuse" where it was posted....

I want a secret wire that I can apply 5 volts to that tells Allison to shut up and quit arguing with me.  You are not low on oil honey. Forget about it. I just checked it for the 3rd time. The jacks are up. What do you know? Quit nagging. Stop worrying about the parking brake. My job. I'm not an idiot. I don't care if you aren't happy with 6th gear sync. Its probably all in your head. If not, my bad. If 3rd gear solenoid is cranky, well try one that showed up for work. We can do without 3rd gear today.  We'll worry about why later. Start turning those gears. I know its hot outside. Honey this is Grapevine Pass. Everyone is hot. Giddy Up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

MODERATOR's EDIT.  This is from @Gary Cole.  I started a NEW TOPIC as the post deserves it and it will also "confuse" where it was posted....

I want a secret wire that I can apply 5 volts to that tells Allison to shut up and quit arguing with me.  You are not low on oil honey. Forget about it. I just checked it for the 3rd time. The jacks are up. What do you know? Quit nagging. Stop worrying about the parking brake. My job. I'm not an idiot. I don't care if you aren't happy with 6th gear sync. Its probably all in your head. If not, my bad. If 3rd gear solenoid is cranky, well try one that showed up for work. We can do without 3rd gear today.  We'll worry about why later. Start turning those gears. I know its hot outside. Honey this is Grapevine Pass. Everyone is hot. Giddy Up. 

What you want is a limp mode.  I'm pretty surprised that that isn't already implemented in the Allison software.

As far as a bad solenoid, it's not that simple.
There's not a solenoid for each gear.  They work in combination to give you the 6 gears with probably only 3 planetary gears and associated control hardware.
A single failure could prevent drive getting through the tranny at all.