Lakesidelogger

Hi there,

Working on my 2011 Monaco Dynasty electric step control. The step will not retract with ignition off and door closed regardless of switch position.

I can get the step to retract with ignition off then applying a magnet to the sensors on the door frame THEN turning on door switch to the retract position, however if turn the switch on then apply the magnet ( or close the door ) the step will not retract.

I believe the switch and the power to be working correctly as the interior step lights are functioning correctly.

Any ideas?
Thank you

Mike Tolmie

I had to retrieve the user manual for my steps that I received with the steps when I had to replace them.

This is not the complete manual but has all the troubleshooting info in the attached file. This manual is for the Kwikee steps so the operation may be different from this specific document.

I must add that the 2 magnets on the door that control the operation must be in very close proximity for it to work correctly. If you wanted to replace the switch, be aware that there is normally open and a normally closed version, so make sure that you order the correct part.

I hope that the procedure is helpful and is what you needed. Good luck testing.

Step controler troubleshooting.pdf