Storage / repairs near Phoenix

Hello All

We are planning on going to the Albuquerque for the Ballon festival and eclipse in October.  My wife and sister in laws have made plans to hike in the Grand Canyon the first week of November.  Unfortunately, not being retired I can't hang around for 2 and a bit weeks.  So my options are:

Drive back to Canada after the balloon festival and fly to Las Vegas or Phoenix

Store the motor home in Phoenix fly home and then fly back to Phoenix and drive home after the Grand Canyon

Store the motor home after the Grand Canyon possibly have some work done on it, fly home and return for it in the spring.

Any suggestions for short and long term storage and/or reliable RV repair facilities that would let the RV sit for the winter?

If I had to concider some of the same questions you are, my storage around the Phoenix area would be: is there a indoor storage facility? Cause the type and level of heat in that area is brutal!!! If in fact you do concider storage there and its outside in the elements do like many of the locals have told me about an that, is place a few 5gallon buckets filled with water on the floor inside the vehicle with holes in the lid so you keep moisture inside so the wood inside wont crack.

P.S. Perhaps on step further as you have put the water buckets inside, before you lock the door an walk away open all the cabnit doors to let the moisture circulate freely😎

2 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

If I had to concider some of the same questions you are, my storage around the Phoenix area would be: is there a indoor storage facility? Cause the type and level of heat in that area is brutal!!! If in fact you do concider storage there and its outside in the elements do like many of the locals have told me about an that, is place a few 5gallon buckets filled with water on the floor inside the vehicle with holes in the lid so you keep moisture inside so the wood inside wont crack.

P.S. Perhaps on step further as you have put the water buckets inside, before you lock the door an walk away open all the cabnit doors to let the moisture circulate freely😎

I don't think he's talking about storing it in the summer. 

Jeff, do a search for RV storage in Phoenix metro. Mesa Spirit RV park has storage spots there also. 

I get it when he said for the winter… however how many times i have had to make different plans cause something unexpected came up🙀 case an point Covid !!! An closing the border!!! my motto, Be Prepared worst case your out a few bucks for some buckets! Arizona is not a state to turn your back on😎

You might try Roger's RV Repair in Peoria, Ariz. (Phoenix) 5045 N81st Ave Peoria, AZ 85381 https://www.yelp.com/biz/rogers-rv-peoria (623) 842-2810 we used him in April 2023, very knowledgeable, honest and accommodating. Very fair prices. May have RV storage. 

• Like 1

Another possibility is to store the coach in Flagstaff, AZ. You will be going through Flagstaff from Albuquerque to Phoenix and Phoenix to the Grand Canyon. There are several RV parks and dealerships in Flagstaff.  We live in the Phoenix Metro. area.  Your coach will survive the Phoenix weather without extreme measures, especially during the winter months.  However, if you leave it in Flagstaff, you will need to winterize it.  I get chassis work done at Massey's Diesel service but do most of my housework. Sorry but I can't offer any suggestions for storage as we store ours at our HOA storage facility.  Do a web search for storage in the area, there are many.