Driver slide is racked. Can't get it to manual retract. Now what do we do?

We have 2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness 3 slides.  Our driver side & passenger are hydraulic.  I think the driver side blew a seal in either the Hydraulic Cylinder or the Manifold Check Valve.  Our leak is coming from the square (silver colored) hollow bar that goes into the black guide bar.  
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness

OUR BIG PROBLEM is the slide is now racked so bad that we cannot not manually close.  We opened both Extend and Retract Solenoid (valve release nut. I think 1/4" in size.) I heard the pressure on both solenoids release.  But because of the angle of the slide it will not allow us to manually push the slide back in. Its bound bad.

I'm don't know what to do to correct this issues.  If you feel generous enough please post your reply.  Much appreciation Ian.  

I am also watching this thread.  

The manual says there is supposed to be a manual winch.  I cannot find it.  Our system is an HWH Auto Air Leveling system.  We do not have jacks.  Our coach uses air bags.

HWH Hydraulic Spacemaker Room Extension System.  Two - Dual Cylinder Room Extensions (with synchronizing cylinders)

Here are some pics

20230723_184714.jpg

20230723_184711.jpg

20230723_184740.jpg

20230723_184725.jpg

20230723_184730.jpg

20230723_184757.jpg

20230723_184755.jpg

26 minutes ago, Craggar said:

Did you look in the bay opposite to the slide for the winch? That's where mine is. Hope someone can chime that can help you out. 

Is it attached to the frame or loose?

Tomorrow I am going through all the bays and hunting down the winches. 

The other issue is the slide is crooked and racked at an angel. The Hydraulic will work vit it is jimmied in such a way we can get it ti budge. Not sure what to do. Thought about hooking up a tow strap to the slide square tube and gently pull it. (Put the strap on the slide tube that is least extended. The other part of the slide is completely extended. 

We have no clue what to do. Makes for FTT interesting. 

Unfortunately we have taken on damage to the slide. 

We are out in the middle of no where. I pray we get it closed so we can get her somewhere to fix it. 

Had this happen to my 04 Dynasty. Had to drill out rivets that hold the small rectangular plate on the side of the coach that "trips" the slide out latching system on each end of the slide out. Once that was done all the hydraulic pressure was released it took 6 of us to push it back in.  It took some pushing it out on the end that wasn't fully extended then pushing it back in on the end that was fully extended. Pushing back and forth finally out it square enough to get back in. Once back in I blocked the slide on the inside to prevent it going back out while driving to repair shop. 

4 hours ago, Duffer51 said:

Had this happen to my 04 Dynasty. Had to drill out rivets that hold the small rectangular plate on the side of the coach that "trips" the slide out latching system on each end of the slide out. Once that was done all the hydraulic pressure was released it took 6 of us to push it back in.  It took some pushing it out on the end that wasn't fully extended then pushing it back in on the end that was fully extended. Pushing back and forth finally out it square enough to get back in. Once back in I blocked the slide on the inside to prevent it going back out while driving to repair shop. 

Thank you. This is the plate we will drill the rivets out from. Is that correct?

20230724_083645.jpg

Great news. Slide is out and no linger racked. Thank you Chuck and Dave for the phone calls. 

To get the slide out evenly here are the steps we took

1. Release the solenoid hex nuts on all the solenoids related to the slides. We did this since we were not exactly sure which belonged to which. 

2. Gather wood and bottle jack. 

3. Use wood as spacer and a way to protect the coach from cosmetic damage. 

See pics..

When we go to push the slide back in we will update this thread on how we accomplished this. 

87440.jpeg

87444.jpeg

87436.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dennis.mcdonaugh said:

You need at least one of the hydraulic cylinders rebuilt, probably all three. I went through this a few years ago and had all three cylinders, both ends and the sync cylinder rebuilt, then replaced all the hydraulic hoses. All the parts are available from HWH.

https://server51.hwhcorp.com/?page_id=510

Curious what happened to your hoses? I thought HWH did not have problematic hoses? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Curious what happened to your hoses? I thought HWH did not have problematic hoses? Thanks.

After 20 years, they started leaking at the fittings, It was only a couple, but since I had everything apart I replaced all of them.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2000-monaco-dynasty-slide-room-cylinder-rebuild-and-hose-replacement-547651.html

Edited by dennis.mcdonaugh

There are some spacers/shims inside of the square tubes.  Were you able to see whether or not they may have dropped out or if they are still in place.  They fell out of mine and had to be reinstalled.  My slide was racked to the point where the side wall separated from the floor.

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good Morning all.  Took the coach to LazyDays at The Villages in Wildwood and the slides are fixed and are working.  Bought 4 new HWH manufactured Master Cyclinders.  With shipping came out to be $2600.  It took one week for them to manufacture and get out the door after I placed my order.  I went this route because rebuilding the cylinder did not guarantee that it would not blow out again.  HWH has a 1 year manufacturers warranty and they will help cover the removal of the cylinder(s) if they fail.  I liked that.