Fan speed BlueFire issue

I just purchased the BlueFire system and during setup I noticed that the radiator fan speed is one of the items that should work. Gauges on your screen that won’t work says N/A under it. On my fan speed it says it’s off and at 0%. The reason it’s not working is because I disconnected the Sauer Danfoss electronic system and installed a mechanical wax valve. My question is can you install some kind of fan speed sensor inline and hook to the wires that I left bundled up so it will show up on the BlueFire system? I don’t know if it’s even possible but It would be great to monitor the fan speed while driving.

I would monitor engine temp as that's what is important.  Fan speed is not.

Since you removed the electronic guts that monitor speed, and replaced it with mechanical, then there isn't a current way to monitor.

You could hack stuff together and take a few days, but why?

Inline with what?  The hydraulic pressure?  If you have a wiring / plumbing diagram for what you currently have, then post it for more ideas specific to your question.

but since it's been modded...modded to what?

• Like 1

You could try reconnecting your original Sauer Danfoss electronic fan controller to see if it displays, but it wouldn't be accurate anyway. 

I agree with you the mechanical wax valve is more reliable than the electronic fan controller.   

• Like 1

My coach came with the wax valve only. I could not get a consistent reading on my bluefire for fan speed. I changed my plug from J1708 to J1939 so I could get faster data and more data (it is faster but I didn't get additional useful info or gauges). I also placed the new plug and adaptor right behind my iPad and it did stop mine from disconnecting as I was driving. 

With the new set up my fan speed goes to 100% as soon as I start the motor and stays there till I shut it off. I'm confident my fan does not run at full speed all the time. So it's not accurate. I believe the data for the bluefire comes from the ECM. Since my fan doesn't have any electronic control I don't know how the ecm would know how fast the fan is running.

• Like 1