In need of updated A/Cs.

I do not know where this goes as I am knew. I am in need of two A/C units for my 99 Monaco. My A/C unit have both begun to fail. I am looking for a set that someone had already pulled off their RV. Hoping to find a set of Dometic 15k. Thank you. Sorry if I have placed this in the wrong location.

Hello Military RVer- first of all, thank you for your service!

I have an ‘02 Holiday Rambler with 2 Dometic (15k front and rear) I believe, they have heat pumps and were top of the line back in the day. 

I am in the process of a complete coach battery overhaul, getting rid of the FLA batts which are garbage, going Lithium, new inverter and planned on replacing the a/c for 2020’s that are supposedly “more efficient “ and draw a few less amps.  Not sure where you are in the country, but I would love to see these find a new owner, since they are quiet and still work really well, rather than sit in my shop for God only knows how many years until I have a project. 🙂

I am working from an iPhone, I am not sure how/ if I can direct message- so, if you can DM me, I will shoot my contact info and we’ll go from there. 

Thanks,

Nic

Be careful with your A/C update.  The thermostat version must match the A/C version.   Or, you can install retrofit control boards.  

A 99 motorhome came with the old 4 button thermostat and is not compatible with any A/C units manufactured since 2002.  After 2002 Dometic went to the 5 button Comfort Control thermostat.   Dometic now makes the Comfort Control Center 2, a 10 button programmable thermostat for their new A/C units.  

You could try soldering in a charge port and recharge your old units.  Many will say this is a questionable procedure but it may get you by. 

Or, if you watch the sales you can find new units for around $500.  

Edited by vito.a

On 6/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, vito.a said:

Be careful with your A/C update.  The thermostat version must match the A/C version.   Or, you can install retrofit control boards.  

A 99 motorhome came with the old 4 button thermostat and is not compatible with any A/C units manufactured since 2002.  After 2002 Dometic went to the 5 button Comfort Control thermostat.   Dometic now makes the Comfort Control Center 2, a 10 button programmable thermostat for their new A/C units.  

You could try soldering in a charge port and recharge your old units.  Many will say this is a questionable procedure but it may get you by. 

Or, if you watch the sales you can find new units for around $500.  

This is ok as I have the updated thermostat as well. they have also been in the elements with no cover, plastic or rv cover, on them for over 3 years. as they do not turn on or anything, I am just looking to replace. I messed up by putting it in storage and not taking care of it when I should have.