Interior roller shades need adjustment

Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

My 2005 HR Scepter had electric roller shades (black and white ones) and I am guessing they are aftermarket.  I have changed several of them (burned out) over the years, and their instructions vary and are difficult to understand, but basically to adjust the up and down limit switches, you press a tiny push button switch for each shade and then set the limits by first lowering the shade to its lower desired position and then raising it to its upper desired position. (Could be backwards, don't remember for sure.) 

My front windshield black shade needs adjusting, and I can't find the right tiny switch to set it or else it doesn't work.  Clearly it once did.  Actually, I think I have found the appropriate switch and it doesn't activate the programming mode (but the window shade goes up and down just fine.)  The switch comes out of the black shade end piece.   There is also a tiny brown wire coming out from the same spot as the two wire switch and it goes nowhere (just a dead end wire)  Then there is another pair of wires coming out of the same place as the other 3 wires which had + or - 12 volts depending on if the shade is switched for up or down.  See photo.  I am guessing that the programming feature no longer works but maybe somewhere else there is different switch to do it???  There are some similar switches down by the accelerator pedal and at least one of them is for roller shades by the entry door, and neither of them affects the black roller shade.  Could there be some other cubbyhole where another switch lies lost and alone?  Anybody have some advice?  Maybe I just have to unmount the roller and manually roll it up?

Thanks for considering my conundrum! 

Dave

image.jpeg.957b780e9958a896abf9367203fb5de6.jpeg

On our coach several of the power shades do not have the switch.  I ordered these: 

Twidec/10Pcs 1A 250V AC 2 Pins SPST Red Normal Open Mini Momentary Push Button Switch with Pre-soldered Wires PBS-110-XR: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

You can add to the shade and program.   

I made a programming tool with an external 12V power supply to program the shades.  Reversed the polarity to program up and down limits.  Much easier to program than trying to use the mutiplex switches. 

MCD has instructions (attached), the front shades have an ignition on setting that prevents blocking the driver's vision, a little more tricky to program. 

You should have two brown? wires at the end of each roller that are used to program. 

MCD Program the Shade.docx

• Solution

I installed a MCD single white opaque full windshield shade on my Windsor back in 2009. It had four wires coming out of the left end. Two were for the 12 VDC power and ground and the other two were for attaching to a switch for programming the limits. There may have been another one for the ignition but I don't remember. If there was I chose not to hook that one up as we had used that shade while driving and when parked at night.

I believe the single brown wire is for the ignition lockout circuit.

Do you have the MCD file for programming the shades? If not it is available on their web site.

https://mcdinnovations.com/info-for-owners/469-mcd-windshield-shade-upper-and-lower-limit-adjustment

https://mcdinnovations.com/info-for-owners

Edited by Dr4Film

Wow, great post.  Thank you.  It solved my issue.  In the link, it said bush the little button to activate programming mode, BUT it also said to be raising/lowering the shade at the same time.  I did, and bingo it chirped, I set the shade height and all works well!  Thank you again!!