Where to go in Dayton, OH in Feb 2024?

Joe Lee

Hello All!

My daughter is getting married in Dayton, OH on 2/3/24 and we don’t know anyone in town. I have been looking for a place close to the University of Dayton and, so far, I’m only seeing places with power outside of town. 

Would anyone have an idea of a place I could ask to stay at? 

Since it will be COLD, I would like the luxury of power!  But, I’m getting desperate. 

Thanks!

Joe

We have used this site, RVLife, since 2009 or maybe earlier.  I frequently post comments and recommendations there. It has had a few name changes, but it has always been very dependable.  I did a quick search.  You got a KOA....as much a folks are "predisposed" against some franchised places, we have usually stayed at them and we have been out over 800 nights in a MH since 2006...  We stay at nice resorts as well...but our bread and butter is the KOA.

The site is free...just disregard all the gimmicks.  I used to travel to Dayton.  Ain't a lot to do there and no "gee...isn't this the greatest WHATEVER..." attractions.  YES, it may be cold. I would advise getting a trouble light with a 60 or 100 Watt bulb, assuming since their death certificate was signed last week, That is the easiest to use to protect the Wet Bay.  Buy one of the outdoor temp with remote thermometers and monitor the wet bay.  Your original Cargo Heater probably works...but test it....

Here is the PDF of the basic search...Probably got to be retired Military to use the Wright-Patterson  CG

RV Parks in Dayton, Ohio - Top 15 Campgrounds near Dayton, OH - Updated August 2023.pdf

• Thanks 1

Tom - thanks for the extra tip on heating the water bay. I am concerned about the possibility of very low temps. I haven’t been in cold weather yet so I’m sure it will present new changes. 

would you place the order trouble light in the Aquahot bay or the sewer bay?

I use the Good Sam and KOA sites to find campgrounds. You will need to check if the campground is open year-round.  Most in the area close for the winter.

Here are the sites: Good Sam-Club Discounts, Roadside Assistance, Insurance

Camping, Campgrounds & Campsites | Camping Reservations | KOA

There is a military camp at the Air Force base if you qualify.