Entry key pad

snowman
Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

2003 HR imperial, the operators manual states that there is a reset red button for the entry key pad under the dash, I have looked everywhere even under the passenger cup holder above the key pad want to reset on account of previous owner never used keypad, 555, 556 and 557 do the lock function and also I have tried the key fobs, but will have to put new batteries in and also probably sync them again, so if anyone has a idea where the button is located i would much appreciate it, ( picture would also work too) 

Thanks 

Jeff

• Solution

On my 2002 Windsor, the programming button was tucked up under and into the center dash area just to the right of the accelerator pedal.

If you can't find it whatsoever, then you could jumper in a second programming momentary switch at the wiring harness stuffed into the passenger side armrest under the cup.

It has to connect to two terminals, the yellow and black.

KE1601 Wiring Diagram.pdf

When I bought our coach I looked and never found a reset button so I installed my own under the cup holder, I simply used a momentary switch and tied into the yellow wire on the key pad and the other wire to ground.  Pressing it will reset the system.

Years later while digging under the dash right behind and below the radio I found a black wire loom with no wires coming out, looked down the end and there was a button.  This was the original reset button.