Genset Slideout Rollers

Go to solution Solved by veraken,

You may be right, it's raining right now so I'll have to wait for a couples days before I can tackle opening the slide. They are so bad that I can barely open or close the slide. It's been on the to do list since I got the m/h and now that I have the priority jobs done I'm on to this one now.

Mine were real bad a few years ago and I lubed the heck out of them with Pipe Break and after sitting a bit soaking in worked them back and forth and they have worked fine since. I give them a sqiurt about once a year. Sure wish they would have used sealed bearings

Pipe Break is an amazing product. Its price has gone crazy but it is so good it’s still worth it in my mind. Have been using it for years. As mentioned if you try it let it soak and reapply occasionally and tap with a hammer to help it along then work the bearing back and forth if you can reach it. Pretty certain you will be successful. 

IMG_0772.png

I was just getting ready to suggest 50/50 mix of Acetone/Auto Trans Fluid and saw Pauls Suggestion. I do a fair amount of restoration of Classic Cars and have found this very helpful...Quite Affordable also, apply liberaly and keep doing so and as mentioned don't be afraid to apply a BallPeen Hammer as needed,be patient and I think you'll be happy with results...I have been! 

Good Luck!!

Bruce C.

2004 40'DiplomatPDQ