2006 Monaco Dynasty Grab Rails won't light

I experienced a blow out on my right front wheel of my Dynasty that tore apart the wiring to the front power step. After figuring out the wiring and finally getting the step to work correctly I now find my grab rails won't light. I know they are triggered at night when you open and close the door after the switch is turned on. Does anyone know if there is wiring that triggers them down by the right front wheel well? I did check the fuse for them and that was fine. I also see a pressure switch in the front jam of the door and there are two magnetic switches at the rear of the jam. Does anyone have any experience with this wiring?

Following this thread to see where it goes as well, on my 06 Dynasty step and grab handle lights only come on when I use the remote for the keyless entry, but when I use the switch on passenger armrest, they do not light. Been like this for years. Switch used to work correctly. The issue has always had me pretty stumped 

• 3 months later...
On 9/3/2023 at 12:52 AM, Bradley said:

Switch used to work correctly.

My experience is that failure of a switch is not uncommon.  Pull it out and test with a meter or jump it.

As for the original post about possible damage, I don't have experience in it, but have diagnostic suggestions.  I would first pull the switch out to determine if the switch has power.  If no power, then see if sourcing power from an adjacent switch will make it work.  On the other hand, if it has power, then at least you know what wires and their colors are possibly damaged.

If you don't know what I mean by "pull out switch", I mean exactly that - use a putty knife or kitchen knife or similar under the switch edge to pry/pull the switch out of the panel.