Hot Water Heater

diverdown204

Good afternoon from Ft Walton Beach, Florida. I just purchased my 1998 Dynasty and think that my hot water heater is LP only. Am I correct in assuming that if the electric switch isn’t next to the LP switch, that it’s LP only?  The owners manual says that the switch should be there, but it isn’t and it appears that it never has been. 

I’m interested in having both. Has anyone ever replaced their LP only system  with a system that has both?  If so, I would love to chat with you about it. 

Thank you!  

Our 1997 Windsor water heater had both 120V and LP.  I'm not sure the switches were next to each other.  There is a red light that comes on when it's switched on.  The 120V is very slow and takes a few hours to heat up.  It also doesn't recover quickly.  

By this time the original hot water heater may have been replaced.  

Our '95 has 2 switches on the front of the sink cabinet, the propane one has a red light beside it that comes on when you flip the switch, then goes out when the gas ignites and stays off unless there is an error.  The electric switch is also there, flip it on and wait, you should start getting warm water in 30 minutes or so. Ours is a 10 gallon unit and holds heat for an amazing amount of time after it is shut off.

Thanks everyone!  I’m such a noob sometimes. Turns out my water heater IS an electric also. The switch is on the how water heater accessed from outside. I checked the anode and it’s gtg. Did a flush and clean out and it was pretty clean. Looks like this has been serviced in the last year. All is working 5x5 now. Thanks for the help!  

Semper Fi,

Lance