Help, airbags deflate overnight.

Baldfuzzz

ACg8ocL6mG_i_oGsfIZo7Jm3zVLZrNo1SVosEG4bnNiBre3g=s40-p-mo

Noel <baldfuzzz@gmail.com>

2:15 PM (14 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Hi my name is Noel and I am having an airbag issues on my 2005 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ.  I had airbags and air fittings with air leaks.  All eight airbags were replaced as well as the fittings with air leaks.  I don't have any air leaks anymore yet my rear airbags will not stay inflated after shutdown.  The airbags deflate over night.  Only the rear bags deflate, the front bags stay inflated.  Any thoughts on what I should be looking for or what may be the possible cause of the problem?  Any suggestions or recommendations will be welcome.

Thanks, 

Noel

Thanks for the reply.  What's a 6 pack valve and what does it look like?   Do you have any idea where can I locate the 6 pack valves on my MH? 

They are groups of air solenoids (6 packs).  The rear set is usually in a difficult position above the drive shaft.  The coach needs to be up in the air, but you also need to be able to release the air pressure to work on them.  

Two methods of getting it up in the air.  The first is to build some ramps out of stair stepped 2x10" boards screwed together.  The second is to cut some very strong steel cylinders or square tubes cut to fit between the frame and the suspension H member.  You air up the suspension all the way and then insert the spacers to keep it raised.  

The air tubing going into the fittings tends to leak after 10 years or so.  Sometimes you can remove the tubing (air pressure must be released) then depress the lock and remove the tubing.  Cut 1/4" off the end and reinsert it with some WD40 and stop the leak.  Other times you need to replace the fitting.  

The air solenoid six packs have several orings inside.  You need to remove the nut on top and disassemble the solenoids and replace the orings.  Mike Canter suggests you use Dupont Viton orings. The internal oring is a -019 size, the large one on the bottom is a -028 and the small one on the bottom is a -015 (HWH suspension).
It will help to have a special "pin wrench" tool and cannon plug pliers to get the valves apart.

Hope this helps.

Edited by vito.a

Vito, thanks for your reply and sorry for late response.  My mechanic advised me that it was not the 6-pack but leaks in a couple of valves sensors, air lines and several air  fittings. All which got got replaced.  Now the rear bags are holding air properly but the front is not.  I'm not confident in my mechanic and will not not be bringing the MH to him again. 

Thanks again, 

Noel