Do the RV winter covers work? Need some information and advice.

I think this year I am not traveling in winter I live in Winston Salem nc and winters are not that severe here my Rv is a 2005 Holiday Rambler 40 foot my question is it it works to cover the RV I been reading many articles and makes me have thoughts  I need some Experts opinions .some covers are cheap some more expensive  it can hurt the paint and cause scratches thanks guys any recommendations Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all  God bless you 

I purchased a top brand cover, their best, covered my Dynasty and in the spring on each corner were telltale rub marks on each corner. NOT a happy camper!! It was parked in my driveway and periodically checked to see if things were tight...I now store indoors

I bought one 10 years ago and never used it.  I too read about paint damage, but the real kicker was it weighed over 70 pounds!  You have to have a better plan than carrying it up the ladder.  Even after you get up on the roof, you have to unroll it over A/C covers, refrigerator covers, roof vents, antennas, and solar panels without falling off.  I ended up selling mine for half what I paid for it and never took it out of the box. 

- Rick N 

I installed one on a previous 36' MH. It didn't have full body paint, so I wasn't concerned about rubbing.

I tied a rope around it to hoist it up on the roof, so, no issues there.

Biggest problem for me was any kind of non-rounded edge on anything, wore thru the cover quickly! Thought I had every sharp edge protected, then one day noticed every rung of the rear ladder poking thru the cover 😖!

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Do the RV winter covers work? Need some information and advice.