Guardian Plates for slideout

I have a 2001 HR Ambassador with 2 slides. They are on the drivers side and the larger slide includes the living room and kitchen. The small slide in the bedroom is for closet and a few drawers. Both of the slides are raised. One side under the smaller slide has come loose, so I'm going to install guardian plates before it gets worse. I can see that there are rollers because of the small marks on the floor and marks under the slides. I was looking for help from someone that can tell me how I can get access to the rollers so I can check their condition ? They are installed under a 3 inch platform that holds furniture etc and I was hoping not to have to tear it apart to get to them. I'm thinking of installing the roller plates that mount under the slides as well. Any pictures or advice would be great. Thanks for the help.    

9 minutes ago, Mike in Va said:

I have a 2001 HR Ambassador with 2 slides. They are on the drivers side and the larger slide includes the living room and kitchen. The small slide in the bedroom is for closet and a few drawers. Both of the slides are raised. One side under the smaller slide has come loose, so I'm going to install guardian plates before it gets worse. I can see that there are rollers because of the small marks on the floor and marks under the slides. I was looking for help from someone that can tell me how I can get access to the rollers so I can check their condition ? They are installed under a 3 inch platform that holds furniture etc and I was hoping not to have to tear it apart to get to them. I'm thinking of installing the roller plates that mount under the slides as well. Any pictures or advice would be great. Thanks for the help.    

@throgmartin is the expert.  He designed them.  He and his techs install them.  He frequently helps out members.  I have installed 3 sets, so I have some hands on.  My rollers were all in good shape.  You cannot, I think, get to the rollers from the outside….yes you could, but you would have to remove ir lift out the sides.  The rollers are accessible from inside and the method varies by what type of slide and the construction.

• Like 1

You should be able to peek in between the gasket and the slide to check the condition of the roller.

When I ordered my plates, I made sure that it was a one piece plate to cover from the outside corner to past the first roller on each side of the slide.  

• Thanks 2