Slide lock stuck locked on driver's side living room slide

On my 2006 Monaco Dynasty the driver's side slide seems to have a stuck slide lock, forward behind the driver's seat.  I have searched the slide lock discussions and there does not seem to be a similar issue.  When I try to extend the slide it begins to rack (rear extends while the front is still locked).  Access to the mechanism is limited so I was wondering if there is a known procedure for releasing the lock so I can extend the slide to remove the mechanism for repair.

Stuck Slide Lock.pdf

Only suggestion I have is to try and get a pry bar under the upper lock and see if you can get to move while someone pushed the button to try and get it to extend. 

Attached is the parts drawing for the dewald lock, I believe the only part still available is the spring from Lippert.  https://store.lci1.com/travel-lock-9in-return-spring-f-dn13052-383643

My guess is the cable has broken which is what pulls the top lock down.   Not an easy way to get to it while the slide is in.   If prying the top piece from the inside doesn't work not sure what the next best option would be other then cutting the lock portion off but that would make the lock nonfunctional. 

A couple years ago I removed both locks on my front slide, took the covers off, and cleaned and lubed the assembly.  I know that some people recommend pouring copious amount of oil down the top and/or spraying lubricant from the top but I found that it probably won't get to the rollers and cables.  At the top there was a piece of metal that would pretty much prevent lubricant from getting where it needs to be. 

4 hours ago, John Harris said:

On my 2006 Monaco Dynasty the driver's side slide seems to have a stuck slide lock, forward behind the driver's seat.  I have searched the slide lock discussions and there does not seem to be a similar issue.  When I try to extend the slide it begins to rack (rear extends while the front is still locked).  Access to the mechanism is limited so I was wondering if there is a known procedure for releasing the lock so I can extend the slide to remove the mechanism for repair.

Stuck Slide Lock.pdf 5.1 MB · 12 downloads

When you start moving the slide out does the bottom start to come out or does that end of the slideout not move at all?  If the bottom moves out a bit you might try moving the lower outside pawl to release the top inside arm.  If the bottom end of that slide doesn't move at all, then you most likely have a hydraulic cylinder issue.

I just went through a lot of slide out issues on my 2004 Dynasty and learned more than I ever wanted to know! My slide outs are HWH hydraulic systems, and I suspect yours are as well. While HWH supplied the hydraulic system according to them, they did not supply the system on both ends of each slide out, which, technically are not "locking systems.  Their function is to pull the top of the slide out tight against the top of the slide out opening. They will not "lock" in.  If there is an issue with the hydraulic system, the "locks" won't prevent the slide out from moving.  I suspect you have a hydraulic issue.  Both of my slide outs have two rams connected to a synchronization "valve" that regulates the movement of the two rams'.  I wound up taking all of the cylinders on the slide outs and having them rebuilt at a local hydraulic shop. In my Dynasty there are two pumps, one for the drivers side and one for the passengers/generator slide. I was able to turn the release screws to relieve the hydraulic pressure and move the slide outs manually, which took 4 of us to do, but it was the only way I could figure to get the slide outs to move. 

• Like 1