2009 Monaco Dynasty Ceiling Duct System Layout and Detail

DBRV.0

I'm interested in making some changes to the AC system on my '09 Monaco Dynasty, but I need to gather information before I venture into the planning phase.  I have searched Youtube for videos of anyone exposing the ducts, but the views I get are what I would call 'incidental' shots.  Nothing complete or detailed.

On a separate topic in this forum, I noted that someone was mentioning that one of the long ducts may not run the entire length.  But maybe that was a different year or model?

My casual observation is that there are two ducts which run from the front cabinets, all along, into the rear wardrobe closet.  In the front, there is possibly a branch to feed the AV cabinet over the passenger seat.  Then another branch that feeds the mid-coach half bath.

Does anyone have information and photos of the system, such as layout?  Are the ducts embedded in insulation?

- Jeff

13 minutes ago, DBRV.0 said:

I'm interested in making some changes to the AC system on my '09 Monaco Dynasty, but I need to gather information before I venture into the planning phase.  I have searched Youtube for videos of anyone exposing the ducts, but the views I get are what I would call 'incidental' shots.  Nothing complete or detailed.

On a separate topic in this forum, I noted that someone was mentioning that one of the long ducts may not run the entire length.  But maybe that was a different year or model?

My casual observation is that there are two ducts which run from the front cabinets, all along, into the rear wardrobe closet.  In the front, there is possibly a branch to feed the AV cabinet over the passenger seat.  Then another branch that feeds the mid-coach half bath.

Does anyone have information and photos of the system, such as layout?  Are the ducts embedded in insulation?

- Jeff

Ceiling ducts depend somewhat on the floorplan layout.  On my 2008 Dynasty I have one main duct running down the center of the ceiling going from front to back.  All side branches come off this main duct.  All 3 rooftop AC units feed this main duct.  Any of those AC units feed all ceiling vents.  The return air input is below the AC unit.

Off this main trunk line, there are side branches.  Yes a good example is the small outlet in the entertainment cabinet.  There is also another one in the ceiling above the electrical cabinet over the driver's side window.

I ran a new video cable for the rear camera in the driver side duct.  You are correct it runs front to back unobstructed.  

I assume the passenger side does the same, with your mentioned runs to the audio cabinet and 1/2 bath.   I haven’t pulled the vents to investigate. I have an inexpensive bore camera with 10 feet of cable, that’s what I would use to inspect areas you can’t see from the vents or duct openings. 

As we have the same coach, im curious as what your planning? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LakeBob said:

As we have the same coach, im curious as what your planning? 

Well, since you ask ...

I've been wondering if it would be possible to do a mini-split system that could provide both cool and heat, efficiently.  I figure there would have to be two heads.  Possibly one above the dash, one in the rear bathroom.  Continuous ducts would carry the air throughout.  So ducting is one question, the other is how to get the copper and electrical to each head.  This topic is for ducts.

I could remove my plastic vents and fish around to see the extent of the layout, but I thought asking would could more thorough.

Just to comment.  ALL Monaco MH's are NOT the same.  It would appear that this discussion pertains to the DYNASTY. 

BUT, a word of caution for anyone that chimes in with another model or believes that they can benefit by what might be posted here.  Here is a discussion on HP's and their "defrost cycles"

The Camelots have two ducts....or so I was told by Dometic. When Monaco ran the split system....as in ducts down each side.  One side, wherever the shower is, is BLOCKED.  So the other side has a full front to rear run.  The side with the shower is blocked and the rear bedroom Unit runs hotter.  This is direct from Dometic....and a Camelot owner thought that his front unit was defective. That is the summary of the topic below.

So, as a preemptive post....members need to understand that just like many things....what was done on one model or even one year, is not or may not necessarily be the same in other years or other models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Cherry said:

Just to comment.  ALL Monaco MH's are NOT the same.  It would appear that this discussion pertains to the DYNASTY. 

The Camelots have two ducts....or so I was told by Dometic. When Monaco ran the split system....as in ducts down each side.  One side, wherever the shower is, is BLOCKED.  So the other side has a full front to rear run.  The side with the shower is blocked ...

Thanks, Tom.  Yes, I saw that discussion, which was my comment in the original post - about different models or different years.  As unique as each unit may be, it would not surprise me if a change was implemented midway in a model year.

Yes, there are two separate ducts lines running from the front to the rear, with each AC unit plumbed directly into each duct line.   The two lines are about 24" apart and split each AC unit. Here's some pictures for clairity? 

Front of coach, windshield to the right: 

image4.thumb.jpeg.d08ffa24f54928964efdad873887fb99.jpeg

Salon/Kitchen: 

image3.thumb.jpeg.3ae4ff6bb93be3cea54a01feab2db2d6.jpeg

Bedroom: 

image2.thumb.jpeg.c43a76f403a5401841d3d6617837db24.jpeg

Rear bath: 

image1.thumb.jpeg.e5834dc77cb92cb5eeabb73383491c4c.jpeg

Rear Closet: 

image0.thumb.jpeg.fbd8561b2d826b01529b63208ef36312.jpeg

You can see the Sony video cable exiting the above duct, which I ran to the rear camera. Waaay easier than running above the axles and through the basement ceilings.........

Bob 

In addition, there are four vents, two on each side, under the salon ceiling fixture.  These vents direct air out to each side of the coach.  They are always open.