Urgent! Where can I find the Cummins engine serial # on 2007 Monaco Dynasty?

John C

n the process of purchasing 2007 Manaco Dynasty, The inspector spent almost 30 minutes there but no luck. There is a 7 digit number there but I thought the engine# is 8 digit.
I attached some pictures he took here.
Could anyone shed a light on that for me?

If you have a Monaco, a picture will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1e9f18cd630e7796866999616387ea969bcca03f-1.jpg

1e9f18cd630e7796866999616387ea969bcca03f-2.jpg

1e9f18cd630e7796866999616387ea969bcca03f-3.jpg

1e9f18cd630e7796866999616387ea969bcca03f-4.jpg

15 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Thank!

16 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

18 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

Take a look at the top of the gear timing housing

IMG_20150811_190658275~2.jpg

Thanks! I will ask the inspector go check it tomorrow. 

Question, how come the your engine color is red and mine is black as they are all 2007 Dynasty?

ISL 425 HP engines with DPF (diesel particulate filter) are painted red.

As part of the inspection be sure to get a copy of the 50 page report from the engine ECM.  To do that would require the use of Cummins Insite software.  This will provide a history of how the coach was driven, how the Jake brakes were used, a history of engine overheating or low oil pressure and if the software was updated and if so, an engine abuse history report as well as fuel economy.  All this is stored in the engine ECM and it tracks engine operating date since birth - it can't be erased.  Also check for inactive trouble codes.

Be sure the engine serial number and miles match the data plate on the engine and odometer on the dash.  The odometer will likely be about 10 miles off because the chassis was driven before the dash cluster was installed.

4 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

ISL 425 HP engines with DPF (diesel particulate filter) are painted red.

As part of the inspection be sure to get a copy of the 50 page report from the engine ECM.  To do that would require the use of Cummins Insite software.  This will provide a history of how the coach was driven, how the Jake brakes were used, a history of engine overheating or low oil pressure and if the software was updated and if so, an engine abuse history report as well as fuel economy.  All this is stored in the engine ECM and it tracks engine operating date since birth - it can't be erased.  Also check for inactive trouble codes.

Be sure the engine serial number and miles match the data plate on the engine and odometer on the dash.  The odometer will likely be about 10 miles off because the chassis was driven before the dash cluster was installed.

I like red. it looks MUCH better!

Great idea, unfortunately the dealer refused to take the RV to Cummins shop and Cummins refused to go to the RV dealer. I have scheduled a semi-truck mechanic to bring his equipment there, according to him he is able to read whatever information inside the Engine.