Neptune (Cayman) Fresh Water Tank Leak

major_west

A few days after filling my fresh water tank, water started to pool on the floor of the wet bay.  I don't see any water leaking from the three connections to the tank (fill, drain, and gravity fill) that are visible in the wet bay.  The overflow connection is not visible, but I assume it is not leaking, since the tank only about 90% full.   So, maybe I have a hairline crack in the tank.  

Has anyone removed the fresh water tank from a Neptune or Cayman?  Any tips on how to remove it?  Mine sits below the black and grey tanks. 
Thanks
--
Steve K, San Diego, CA
2008 HR Neptune 35

Sorry I can not help with your question about removing the tank.  But I would think about draining the tank in 10% increments to see when the leaks stops.  This should tell you approximately at what height the leak is at.  And then go from there.  

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Did you figure this out? I have the exact same issue. Sometimes the drips move to the other side if I am not parked on level ground. 

I've avoided over-filling the tank to the point that water is pushed through the over-flow pipe.  Since then, I've never found standing water in the wet bay.  

I can only guess the overflow pipe somehow allowed water to escape into the basement area.  Bill R's suggestion to fill the tank in increments until a leak appears is a good one.  

Hopefully, it's your overflow and not the tank leaking.