Kwikee Super Slide (Storage Tray)

Wildwood

We have had nothing but issues with our Kwikee Slide our Storage Tray it does not like to slide out(never really has always a huge chore)!  Checked wheels and greased everything but nothing lasts and we do not even have much on ours that is at all heavy.  So, while looking into replacement parts we started wondering if we had to buy parts why not make it powered 😀

Looking for someone that has converted a manual storage slide tray to powered or at a minimum has changed rails to the newer easy release version?

ARE YOU OUT THERE?????? If so, please respond 

Thanks!

No, but I will recommend taking some measurements to check that the slide mechanisms are parallel and square. If it is racked or not parallel it will not operate smoothly. I discovered that on one of mine.

Edited by tmw188
  • Like 1

You cannot convert a manual bay slide to a powered bay slide, they are different beasts.

As Todd suggested make sure that the slide bases that are attached to the floor are parallel and aligned properly and it should work smoothly. more than likely your slide is not properly installed. There are a lot of them out there in coaches that have no problems.

Even if there were a way to convert a manual slide to a power slide the cost would probably be more than just purchasing a power slide.

• Like 1

One other thing to look for after removing the tray and checking the things mentioned above is if the bolts that hold it down are not bolted thru the provided holes and are bolted off center of the tracks closer to the edge it can cause the track to twist and cause issues too. Checking and correcting all these things should give you the results you want unless there are bad rollers or such. 

• Like 1

AZ Expert, on YouTube, just posted a video where he built a slide out tray to hold his tool chest on his 2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder: 

Edited by FLynes

As a working musician I must admit I thoroughly dislike the RV outside entertainment units.  Last thing I want to hear is music, especially someone else's.  Even worse the hooting which goes with sports.

Most people don't realise they have the volume set too high.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 9:56 AM, tmw188 said:

One other thing to look for after removing the tray and checking the things mentioned above is if the bolts that hold it down are not bolted thru the provided holes and are bolted off center of the tracks closer to the edge it can cause the track to twist and cause issues too. Checking and correcting all these things should give you the results you want unless there are bad rollers or such. 

To clarify the statement about twist. I’m not sure after saying that if it is clear from my recollect. I remember that I had an area on the track that seemed to be missing the spacer and it had been bolted down and it pulled down slightly on the roller track. 

On 12/16/2023 at 4:31 AM, Les Hurdle said:

As a working musician I must admit I thoroughly dislike the RV outside entertainment units.  Last thing I want to hear is music, especially someone else's.  Even worse the hooting which goes with sports.

Most people don't realise they have the volume set too high.

LMAO!

Let me know where your performing next, so I can show up and tell you to 'Turn It Down'! 😂!!

11 hours ago, Les Hurdle said:

LMAO ??

Antelope Valley College.  Most Wednesday nights.

Welcome.

Laughing

My

A$$

Off

Edited by FLynes