Rain intrusion

Go to solution Solved by Garry Donohue,

Rain leaked onto dashboard. I resealed everything up on the roof, but I’m suspicious that my Girard Door awning might be the culprit where the wires for the motor pass through the wall. My question is…Has anyone removed the outer awning cover to be able to see where the wires pass through on a 2007 Dynasty? I have the owners manual and it looks like the awning hangs onto two mounting brackets. I want to be able to put some Proflex sealer where the wires pass into the coach. 

Did you double check the roof running lights? They are a prime suspect's. On my previous Motorhome I had the same symptom of water leaking on to the dashboard and I went on the roof and checked but couldn’t find anything then I saw some moisture on the inside of one of the lenses. It was hard to see but that ended up being the problem.

I had a problem with mine leaking on the drivers side right in the corner.  I actually took it to a glass shop to have them reset the windshield, they had me park it in their lot, it never leaked so they didn't want to reset the windshield (my guess is they didn't want to fool with it)

The leak was intermittent.  It was usually occurred when the body being slightly twisted while leveling.  I finally took a closer look.  On my windshield there is a gutter attached to the rubber seal/gasket that is used to set the windshield into the opening.  In my case the gutter separated from the seal and it allowed water to come in when the body was slightly twisted.  The gutter is actually a separate piece that was held on with double sided adhesive tape and then the black caulk/sealant applied at the seams and smoothed out.  Had to remove the gutter, clean it up as best I could, bought some good 3M tape and sealant and reapplied.  Hasn't leaked since. 

Edited by jacwjames

I had already applied Sikaflex window sealer into the entire window including the gutter. I checked the running lights up top. I applied “brushable” Proflex to everything that attaches to the roof and am now waiting for it to rain again to see if I’m successful. Looking to see if I can locate where the wires for the porch awning enters the inside to see if that is the culprit. Seems to be more water in that area. 

• Solution

Ok all fixed! It was the front mount of the passenger side Air Horn. I had pulled out someone’s cable TV wire in 2019 while driving home from purchasing the RV. This was before I knew of this forum and took it upon myself to spray the opening at the air horn with flex seal. It work since 2019 but I now saw pinholes in the sealant. So I used “brushable” Proflex in a can not caulking tube. It self leveled and sealed the small hole perfectly. Hopefully this helps someone in the future, 

• Like 2