Upholstering suggestions for sofa air bed

I also unbolted my Sleep Comfort airbed from the floor and dis-assembled it in place in the coach. When I took the upholstered panels into several local upholstery shops I was quoted $1000 to $1200 for labor, I had to provide my own fabric, those shops fabric prices were $60 to $100 per yard! I found some quality upholstery fabric online for $49.00 yard with a very regal pattern in a Burgundy/gold colors. Shop had fast turn around of only 5 days, good fit and trimmed out superbly. 

I want to follow this particular string, so I thought making a comment might make that happen. It seems that these sofas can cost $3K and upward of $4K so redoing the surface seems to be about 1/3 or less the cost of a new one???

We also have a 2003 motorhome.
Our J-lounge couch has seen better days. I'm going to get new cushion foam because they are crushed and no longer firm, but this couch in ours, is either genuine leather or some very high quality facsimile. I've researched having it restored and dyed but the labor involved seems to be nearly as much as just replacing the entire unit. d

When we bought our coach, it came with 2 still in the box new Rec-Pro cushions. The prior owner replaced the air bed with an actual mattress as well as the cushions. They set him 4 vice 2. I know they are brown-ish (?). If you think these might work I can take some pictures.

I replaced the jackknife  sofa in our old coach with a new airbed sofa from shop4seats.com in the L.A. area. They shipped to Washington. This was about ten years ago was around $1500 delivered. Came apart into 4 pieces to get thru the door. I was happy with it. Good luck, Don

20 hours ago, Bobkat11208 said:

When we bought our coach, it came with 2 still in the box new Rec-Pro cushions. The prior owner replaced the air bed with an actual mattress as well as the cushions. They set him 4 vice 2. I know they are brown-ish (?). If you think these might work I can take some pictures.

Randy, Just to clarify, the 2 extra seat cushions I have are for the hide-a-bed on the road side. The jackknife sofa on the camp side is more beige/white ish and has 3 cushions, if that helps.

Edited by Bobkat11208

On 1/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, Bobkat11208 said:

Randy, Just to clarify, the 2 extra seat cushions I have are for the hide-a-bed on the road side. The jackknife sofa on the camp side is more beige/white ish and has 3 cushions, if that helps.

The cushions on mine do not remove, they are sewn onto the frame. Thanks for the offer.

• Thanks 1