Valid Keypad Replacement

Go to solution Solved by andersku,

Thank you for the feedback. 

That is indeed where I started and as I await their reply, I would appreciate advice from others that own the same config as my coach that have replaced their keypad. Valid regularly recommends keypad replacement due to their reported propensity for failing when getting wet.  Other on this and other Monaco forums have reported that they replaced their keypads which isn’t difficult in itself, but what I had not seen was if there was any need to program or configure the keypad in a manner that is specific to my 07 Camelot 42 PDQ.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:35 AM, andersku said:

Thank you for the feedback. 

That is indeed where I started and as I await their reply, I would appreciate advice from others that own the same config as my coach that have replaced their keypad. Valid regularly recommends keypad replacement due to their reported propensity for failing when getting wet.  Other on this and other Monaco forums have reported that they replaced their keypads which isn’t difficult in itself, but what I had not seen was if there was any need to program or configure the keypad in a manner that is specific to my 07 Camelot 42 PDQ.

Kurt, did yours appear to have gotten wet?

I think it may be their 'canned' answer when another of their keypads fail. 

(Yes, I've heard it myself).

My Valid keypad got wet 10+ years ago from a sudden rain storm when we were out and the driver's window was cracked open.  It still works for leveling, however, the "battery" light stays on and the LED's for front rear level indication may have both a red and green led on (I.e that green is apparently stuck on but the red will go out when we are level).  As the keypads aren't cheap and mine functions I haven't replaced it   Maybe I should while they are still available.

9 minutes ago, amphi_sc said:

As the keypads aren't cheap and mine functions I haven't replaced it   Maybe I should while they are still available.

Spoke with Valid not long ago and was informed the part number has changed, but they are still making them!

Mine no longer turns on without the key in ignition position, and I have to hold power button for 10sec to power off. Otherwise it's performing fine.

Mine shows no evidence of ever getting wet!