2007 Dynasty Intellitec MPX Module questions (12 VDC Distribution?)

John C
Go to solution Solved by Frank McElroy,

Thee are fuse  panels in the Distribution Panel for 12V DC, 5 of them doesn't have any label, one has label but abbreviated. Under the driver seat outside compartment(where you have the switch to move the generator in & out), there are A LOT of fuses and all those are abbreviated, most of them I could not make any sense out of it.

I am looking for full functional description on each of those fuses.

Thank you!

20240116_163344.jpg

20240116_163356.jpg

20240116_163403.jpg

20240116_163414.jpg

20240116_163425.jpg

20240116_163454.jpg

20240201_203317.jpg

20240201_203320.jpg

Forgot to mention, my coach is 2007 Dynasty Diamond IV

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Dynasty Intellitec MPX Module questions (12 VDC Distribution?)

You have an Intellitec Multiplex System. We call it MPX. Here is a file that @Frank McElroy prepared.  There is a Central Processing Unit or CPU. Think about it as being a “Brain or Translator or Traffic Cop”. Each of your lighted key pad buttons has a “CODE” programmed into it. That code is a APHA - NUMERIC.  There are many (5 -7 or maybe more) Modules. Each has an ALPHA number…B, C, D, etc. there are 10 circuits on eqch of the modules….thus 10 fuses.  NOTE there are several different types or “specific function) Modules. When you push a button for say, a Fantastic Vent fan to turn on or off, there is an assigned circuit for the fan. Let’s say H - 8. The key pad sends a digital signal (the Multiplexed “kind” that translates into H-8 or H8. The CPU receives or interprets this. It sends a coded signal to Module H, circuit 8. The modules are “ON or OFF”.  So, if the fan is on…..then it shuts off or vice versa.  There are specific types or Relay OUTPUTS for ON or OFF functions.  The Water Pump and Ceiling fans or Vent fans are usually controlled by these.  Likewise,  the fluorescent overhead lights.

There are “dimming” modules for the Incandescent Halogen puck or sconce or whatever lights.  If you HOLD IN that circuit, the CPU then tells the module to DIM or fo to 100%… these modules are different from the Relay Output Modules.

The CPU in some industrial applications could be called a “Programmable Logic Controller” or PLC.  These are the brains that are used to control equipment such as computer numerically controlled systems.  When you push the  button to extend a slide, certain conditions must be met or satisfied….  The MH must be parked and the parking brake engaged.  There are two, I think, signals for a hydraulic slide.  The switch sends out an Alpha Numeric signal. The CPU tells one module to start the Pump. That same signal is also sent to another module to activate the correct valve.

Download the prints for the 2007 Dynasty.  Put WIRING into the Search Box in the upper right.  Click on EVERYWHERE. Select FILES.  Download the 2007 bundle.  There is (are) several prints that show all the modules and the circuit numbers and where the wires go.  There should be a “decal” or panel in the area that has every module ALPHA and NUMERIC Circuit number.

Read the owner’s manual. If it got lost or if you want an E-Copy for a laptop….google Moanaco Coach….or add “Manuals” and then download.

That’s it.

10 hours ago, 1nolaguy said:

Hi John. Do you have an owners manual? If not look for a copy on line or in the group Downloads section. You may find more detailed descriptions there.

Yes, I do have a soft copy, it talks about the distribution panel, but I couldn't find anywhere talks about the function of all fuses. When it talks about individual component such as entry step, it did tell you what fuse it is, but by no means it is complete at all.

5 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

You have an Intellitec Multiplex System. We call it MPX. Here is a file that @Frank McElroy prepared.  There is a Central Processing Unit or CPU. Think about it as being a “Brain or Translator or Traffic Cop”. Each of your lighted key pad buttons has a “CODE” programmed into it. That code is a APHA - NUMERIC.  There are many (5 -7 or maybe more) Modules. Each has an ALPHA number…B, C, D, etc. there are 10 circuits on eqch of the modules….thus 10 fuses.  NOTE there are several different types or “specific function) Modules. When you push a button for say, a Fantastic Vent fan to turn on or off, there is an assigned circuit for the fan. Let’s say H - 8. The key pad sends a digital signal (the Multiplexed “kind” that translates into H-8 or H8. The CPU receives or interprets this. It sends a coded signal to Module H, circuit 8. The modules are “ON or OFF”.  So, if the fan is on…..then it shuts off or vice versa.  There are specific types or Relay OUTPUTS for ON or OFF functions.  The Water Pump and Ceiling fans or Vent fans are usually controlled by these.  Likewise,  the fluorescent overhead lights.

There are “dimming” modules for the Incandescent Halogen puck or sconce or whatever lights.  If you HOLD IN that circuit, the CPU then tells the module to DIM or fo to 100%… these modules are different from the Relay Output Modules.

The CPU in some industrial applications could be called a “Programmable Logic Controller” or PLC.  These are the brains that are used to control equipment such as computer numerically controlled systems.  When you push the  button to extend a slide, certain conditions must be met or satisfied….  The MH must be parked and the parking brake engaged.  There are two, I think, signals for a hydraulic slide.  The switch sends out an Alpha Numeric signal. The CPU tells one module to start the Pump. That same signal is also sent to another module to activate the correct valve.

Download the prints for the 2007 Dynasty.  Put WIRING into the Search Box in the upper right.  Click on EVERYWHERE. Select FILES.  Download the 2007 bundle.  There is (are) several prints that show all the modules and the circuit numbers and where the wires go.  There should be a “decal” or panel in the area that has every module ALPHA and NUMERIC Circuit number.

Read the owner’s manual. If it got lost or if you want an E-Copy for a laptop….google Moanaco Coach….or add “Manuals” and then download.

That’s it.

Tom,

Thank you SO MUCH for the information, that is really mind boggling!!! I will definitely going to get a copy of my CPU and switches.

Unfortunately the manual doesn't have the description of all fuses ...

3 minutes ago, John C said:

Yes, I do have a soft copy, it talks about the distribution panel, but I couldn't find anywhere talks about the function of all fuses. When it talks about individual component such as entry step, it did tell you what fuse it is, but by no means it is complete at all.

Tom,

Thank you SO MUCH for the information, that is really mind boggling!!! I will definitely going to get a copy of my CPU and switches.

Unfortunately the manual doesn't have the description of all fuses ...

What you need to understand....  There are FUSES all over the MH....as well as Circuit Breakers.  Some, I THINK, are self resetting circuit breakers.  The other one, resettable, carry higher amperage loads.

The ones you posted in the back are NOT going to be in the manual. That is because they are NOT CONSIDERED as "Distribution" fuses. They DO protect circuits.  The Intellitec boards have fuses....and some do and some don't as the MFSOT's sometimes act as fuses or current limiters. 

The Manual only delves into the "common fuses" and circuit breakers...

That's it...  You need to read.  

42 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

What you need to understand....  There are FUSES all over the MH....as well as Circuit Breakers.  Some, I THINK, are self resetting circuit breakers.  The other one, resettable, carry higher amperage loads.

The ones you posted in the back are NOT going to be in the manual. That is because they are NOT CONSIDERED as "Distribution" fuses. They DO protect circuits.  The Intellitec boards have fuses....and some do and some don't as the MFSOT's sometimes act as fuses or current limiters. 

The Manual only delves into the "common fuses" and circuit breakers...

That's it...  You need to read.  

Question, if by any chance one of those (no common fuses) blows up, I would have no chance knowing what it is affecting?

If I understand you correctly, the common fuse information are scattering in the manual and there is not a centra place I can look for reference?

Please advise.

Thanks!

• Solution

Your best reference document would be a set of schematics for your coach. (This was mentioned in replies to posts on another forum.) Circuits that use fuses and circuit breakers are all in separate wiring diagram schematics as individual circuits.

You will not find a single document anywhere (other than in a set of wiring schematics) listing the hundreds of individual fuses and exactly what each one does in your conventional chassis 12 volt and house Intellitec 12 volt multiplex lighting systems.

However, with that said, almost every fuse on the circuit boards in the FRB (front run bay) below the drivers seat, the RRB (rear run bay) and the Intellitec system in the bedroom closet has an LED light that will light up if the circuit is active and the fuse is good.

The LED colors red, yellow, green have no meaning as far as colors go. They were for the wow factor and only mean that the circuit is on and that the fuse is good.

What is important to know is where to look for a fuse based on the problem you have. For example, house lighting, water pump control, thermostat control, slide controls, you look in the bedroom closet house Intellitec system. Most anything else, chassis related, it's either the FRB or RRB 12 volt electrical bays. And then you have "hidden" fuses for things like solar in the battery boxes and other system fuses in the ceiling between the frame rails behind the cover in the storage bay where you'll find the transmission and Bendix ABS/ATC computers and your Aladdin databus interface. All these fuses will be in your set of schematics.

Here is a link to a set of schematics.  Print out page 131 and pages 195-202 for Intellitec modules A-H, page 218 for the RRB and page 233 for the FRB.  (Yes, I know you have a 2007 Dynasty but the 2006 set of schematics will be close enough.) This will provide you with the fuse labels you need.  Also, become familiar with these wiring diagrams and how the electrical circuits work.  A wealth of information - more than you could ever imagine but you will need to know if you have a problem.

• Thanks 1