Stereo power ? N a fix for stuck cd

Good morning all, I have the Magnadyne stereo I will be replacing I think. I have read all the earlier posts, I have a Question regarding the radio power switch AND a fix if you have a stuck cd.

First stuck cd, had the stereo apart 4 times hoping to fix, didn’t have Anything to lose but to try n fix it.   Problem: it would not eject the cd.  First inside the stereo is the CD holder mechanism, below that is a rod from one side to the others, this rod has a rubber grip on it that grabs the cd and rolls it in n out.  The steel eventually spins inside the rubber roller, fix remove the rod, pull off the rubber, add super glue n let it set.  Put it back together and it worked just as it should.

new problem, stereo switch on the dash it not lighting up, I replaced the switch and still nothing.  Problem: not getting power to stereo now and the stereo itself is making a clicking noise, so it’s seems it’s getting power from somewhere .  I removed the fuse to cut power.    Question is, is there a relay somewhere that controls the dash power switch?    07 HR Endeavor.   The old switch light was out as well so I figured I’d replace it.   The stereo was working even with the light out on the old switch.  Just odd the new switch light isn’t working as well. 

having issues with photo downloads, will as soon as I can  

A84196BB-6AF2-461F-95AC-DBA744FC0783.jpeg

C403750B-1521-4451-AE2E-27859B2CA638.jpeg

BF2D4807-2922-4009-BFC3-801282713C78.jpeg

Edited by Gweedo
Typo added info

Hi Gweedo. This is a perplexing problem. I have a 05 Safari Cheetah with the same issue.I have tried to find a fix for this for over a year but no joy. I have bought a new switch and radio but have not yet been able to install them as now I have to replace the plastic dash insert that they go in as the corners have all deteriorated. I hope you (we) will find a solution with the help of others in the group.

1 hour ago, 1nolaguy said:

Hi Gweedo. This is a perplexing problem. I have a 05 Safari Cheetah with the same issue.I have tried to find a fix for this for over a year but no joy. I have bought a new switch and radio but have not yet been able to install them as now I have to replace the plastic dash insert that they go in as the corners have all deteriorated. I hope you (we) will find a solution with the help of others in the group.

You can call crutch field, give them the measurements of your opening and of the new stereo n they will probably have the insert u need    

3 minutes ago, Gweedo said:

You can call crutch field, give them the measurements of your opening and of the new stereo n they will probably have the insert u need    

Also you can just use the hot wire behind the dash if u already have another stereo, I’m just waiting to see if the switch affects the stereo play, probably not but mine plays the movies as well.   Otherwise it’s a DVD player with a sound bar a new stereo, new speakers n probably an amp.  

Crutchfield  has a pretty nice JVC on deal right now, wireless everything.  I definitely need ceiling speakers though.  Happy wife n u know the rest..

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided the buy the jvc, it was on sale for 469.  While Procrastinating on looking further into the switch issue  it went on a further mark down to 299.  So I bought it.  Install will need to wait just little while, I have a few other things going on.  At least for now someone will know how to repair a stuck CD.  

Thnx. I found the two fuses and actually got the stereo to work properly n play dvd’s.  Problem now is, it keeps making a noise when shut off. It’s the memory portion. So I started wiring in the new stereo, should be done tomorrow.