NOTHING WORKS ON DASH AC/HEAT CONTROLLER

I have a 2007 Dynasty. I got it out of storage the other day to start prepping for a upcoming trip. Turned on dash heater and got nothing. Get nothing on any of the settings. Only found 1 fuse in FRB marked Blower and it is fine. Any ideas of other fuses or could it be controller?

1 hour ago, Garrett said:

I have a 2007 Dynasty. I got it out of storage the other day to start prepping for a upcoming trip. Turned on dash heater and got nothing. Get nothing on any of the settings. Only found 1 fuse in FRB marked Blower and it is fine. Any ideas of other fuses or could it be controller?

The fuse you found is for, I think, the defrost blowers in the top of the windshield. Keep searching. PCB 11 10 (See Frank McElroy' nest post)  has the power for the HVAC Front (or something like that) that provides power to the harness to the HVAC system. Look for fuses on PCB 11  10 or keep looking at the decal and find that.

Edited by Tom Cherry
wrong FRB PCB. Should be 10 and NOT 11

1 hour ago, Garrett said:

Here are a few files that can help if you don't already have them.  Check to be sure you have power coming out of the 30 amp circuit breaker on the FRB PCB#10.2007 Monaco Signature Wiring Diagrams (4).pdf2007 Monaco Signature Wiring Diagrams (4).pdf

Screenshot_20240304-125159.png

• Thanks 1

I have a 2007 Dynasty Squire and the exact same thing happened to me. Open the access hatch on top of the dashboard and reach down to the back of the heater. It was a connector that came loose. I forget if I accessed it through the hatch or I might have taken out the radio and reached in from that side. 

When you say nothing works I assume your blower motor doesn’t come on either? The control panel works off of a vacuum and has a vacuum pump in the generator compartment. If your pump isn’t working none of the controls will work. If your dash blower isn’t coming on then it could be the control panel. The panel on my 06 Dynasty is an early 2000’s Ford. There are many different versions so you have to take yours out and find one that matches the connectors on the back. Here is a few pictures of the vacuum pump and a control I found on eBay.

IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9539.jpeg

IMG_0514.png

Just got new (used) switch and came by to install it. Noticed after installing that the switch made no difference and I noticed that my monitor located above it has no power. Went back out to breaker as Frank recommended and now Have no power to it either. Thoughts?

Sounds to me like you're not getting power to that board.  Are you getting power to the FRB? Batteries good? Breakers in the RRB that feed the FRB good?

I do have power to FRB  Checked all fuses in FRB and all are good. All batteries fully charged. Found inline fuse to monitor harness and have power to and out of that fuse. Not sure where that wire is getting power from. Previous owner had Aladdin system replaced with Silverleaf so I'm not sure if the old Aladdin reset switch would reset silverleaf. It worked before I removed it to get to AC/Heater switch. Traced all the wires from the monitor thinking I had a loose wire somewhere but nothing seems to be loose. Also had power to that Breaker before removal and now do not. Im new to these systems so not sure where to look now.

12 hours ago, Garrett said:

I do have power to FRB  Checked all fuses in FRB and all are good. All batteries fully charged. Found inline fuse to monitor harness and have power to and out of that fuse. Not sure where that wire is getting power from. Previous owner had Aladdin system replaced with Silverleaf so I'm not sure if the old Aladdin reset switch would reset silverleaf. It worked before I removed it to get to AC/Heater switch. Traced all the wires from the monitor thinking I had a loose wire somewhere but nothing seems to be loose. Also had power to that Breaker before removal and now do not. Im new to these systems so not sure where to look now.

If you are saying that you have no input power to PCB #10 feeding the CB that feeds the HVAC, then trace back to check the power cable feeding that PCB.  If you have power feeding the PCB but no power feeding the HVAC CB, then the PCB could be defective.

Have determined that fan problem and monitor are separate issues. Working with silver leaf and rv cams figuring that out. 
Mon the ac controller. I do have power to PCB 10 and CB. I do not have any power to ac control. Looking at wiring diagram am I correct that there is a fuse between the 2?

IMG_4237.jpeg

Sorry to jump around so much in this. The reason I was saying one time I did and then didn’t have power to PCB 10 is I just discovered that the CB is only working off and on. 5 volts, then 8 volts then 12+. When it was showing 12+ the fan worked until I switched it the CB went to 5 volts. I’m assuming weak / bad CB. 
if so is there a process to remove this board properly to replace CB and where can I find one?

If you are saying that the fan works at certain positions and then in other positions the circuit breaker trips, that sounds like a short.  I'd check the fan resistor block to see if it's shorted.

To check to see if you have a weak auto-resetable CB, connect the wire from PCB #10 feeding the HVAC controller through a separate 30 amp fuse (in effect bypassing the 30 amp CB).  If the fuse blows you know you have a short.  If the fuse doesn't blow and the fan works in all positions then you have a weak CB.

When i got to MH i first checked the CB. The red light was on, so I checked CB. It was at 13+ volts. I went inside and turned fan on. Every setting worked along with AC.  Ran for a bit then shut off. I went out and checked CB again and Light was very dim. Checked Voltage and it was at 5.64.  I lightly taped on CB and it went to 12+ volts and started dropping back down to 5V without anything turned on.  Did that a few times.  I will connect wire to fuse tomorrow and test

Thanks for your help and patience with me on this. Still learning 

If you have a voltmeter with a clamp amp meter, you could easily measure the current on that wire.  That would be an easy way to know how much current is being drawn.  Also, I think that wire runs through one of the large connectors on the side of the FRB.  Make sure there is no corrosion inside that connector.  Corrosion will add resistance and draw more amps.  Same for the connection plug on the blower resistor block.

Will do. If it checks out to be bad CB is there a process to follow to removing that board. I’m assuming unplug coach, turn batteries off

Trying to avoid creating bigger problems fo myself 

Update. Per Franks recommendation I bypassed CB and all worked. Installed new CB and all is good with ac/ heater/ fan. Thanks Frank

Now on to figuring monitor out. 

15 hours ago, Garrett said:

Update. Per Franks recommendation I bypassed CB and all worked. Installed new CB and all is good with ac/ heater/ fan. Thanks Frank

Now on to figuring monitor out. 

Thanks for the update and details on the troubleshooting to repair the problem.  This is the first time I can recall that Circuit Breaker ever going bad.  Good detective work.

Did you need to remove the circuit board to replace the CB?

No. I just loosened it and slid CB out then new one in. Easy. 

Got new voyager monitor in and everything is working again. What are chances the monitor quits working right after ac control. Makes a guy overthink what would cause it. 
thanks again for the help

• Like 1