Somfy white remote

Go to solution Solved by joefromperry,

I have a white three-button remote with "somfy" on the bottom for my 2003 Signature, but have no idea what it's for. I've read maybe the Girard awning, maybe the interior window shades, or something else. It takes a 2430 button battery, but even with a new battery, it doesn't seem to control anything. Anyone have similar that can provide insight? Thanks.

Edited by joefromperry

This remote also controls the driver's side awning but you have to select it via the middle button.  You will see 4 red LED's below the buttons and each time you depress the center button a different LED will flash, from one to four followed by all lights flashing.  Your Girard is likely the first LED.  If you select the second LED then the next awning will operate from the up/down buttons.  If you have 3 or 4 motorized awnings they will work in a similar fashion until all LED's are flashing then they would all work together.  If you press the middle button again you cycle around to the first awning in a continuous loop.  The middle button also stops the awning's travel if it is in motion.  

On 3/9/2024 at 6:18 AM, Bruce S said:

This remote also controls the driver's side awning but you have to select it via the middle button.  You will see 4 red LED's below the buttons and each time you depress the center button a different LED will flash, from one to four followed by all lights flashing.  Your Girard is likely the first LED.  If you select the second LED then the next awning will operate from the up/down buttons.  If you have 3 or 4 motorized awnings they will work in a similar fashion until all LED's are flashing then they would all work together.  If you press the middle button again you cycle around to the first awning in a continuous loop.  The middle button also stops the awning's travel if it is in motion.  

Well, that's interesting. My remote has just one LED below the buttons, but if I push the center button, the LED flashes once, and if I push it again it flashes twice. I have only the big awning and a door awning. But I have a three-position wall switch for the door awning, top and bottom for in and out, and middle for off. I'll have to experiment to see if/how the remote does the door. With the door switch in the middle/off position, the remote doesn't affect it. Thanks for the info.

2003 Dynasty

One the best upgrades I have made was to replace the 12-volt awning motor and the roof top wind sensor and computer with a motion sensor.

The original system was glitchy, rolling in when not necessary and failing to retract when needed.

This system is a direct replacement and is a plug and play commonly used on residential and commercial buildings and uses the existing remote. 

SIMU T5 550 HZ DMI 50NM 12RPM 120V MOTOR 2004675) $600.68 (replacement)
https://www.floridaautomatedshade.com/Simu-T5-550-DMI5-Radio-Hz-Override-Motor-2004675-p/2004675.htm

SOMFY 1816081 Motion detector EOLIS 3D WIREFREE RTS WIND SENSOR WHITE  Our Price: $218.95
https://www.floridaautomatedshade.com/Somfy-Eolis-3D-Wirefree-RTS-Wind-Sensor-1816081-p/1816081.htm