Awning upgrade

2002 Diplomat 38’.  I am looking to upgrade my manual awning to electric.  My tube is bent so I’m doing a full replacement.  I was wondering if anyone has removed the small door awning and put a large awning on their rig that covers their door as well?  What brand electric awning do you recommend?  

thanks for any help

Robert

I converted my main awning to electric with a Carefree but my tube wasn't bent and I still have the door awning. You ca call Shade Pro and they can help you.

800-328-5100

www.shadepro.net

Mike Scheller is the guy I dealt with.

I personally would not replace the 2 awnings with 1 large one.  We often leave our door awning out during inclimate/rainy weather. I won't extend the large awning if there's any chance of moderate winds, often times associated with rain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

I personally would not replace the 2 awnings with 1 large one.  We often leave our door awning out during inclimate/rainy weather. I won't extend the large awning if there's any chance of moderate winds, often times associated with rain.

True.... that over the door awning can handle far more wind than an electric patio awning!

• Like 1

I Agree the small entry awning won’t blow away but to me it is too small to be of any value.  Even in light rains it does very little to keep things dry around the door.   It would be nice to have the door covered with the ease of an electric awning that I can also put up very easily