Transfer switch acting up

I have a 2005 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ and my transfer switch is acting up. If I start the generator everything switches over just fine. When I stop the generator it will NOT switch back to full shore power. Some electrical outlets don't work. Tried running the gennie for a while and stop again but no switch. Tried several times. Any ideas ? See attached pics.

Thanks,

Dave

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

When you say some outlets don't work are you saying some outlets DO work back on shore power?

If so, which ones work and which don't?

- bob

6 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

When you say some outlets don't work are you saying some outlets DO work back on shore power?

If so, which ones work and which don't?

- bob

Seems like two or three A/C outlets don't work. IE: Coffee, Microwave &TV all on passenger side.

Just now, Dave Shackelford said:

Seems like two or three A/C outlets don't work. IE: Coffee, Microwave &TV all on passenger side.

Forgot the fridge

Those outlets that aren’t working could be the inverter/charger internal transfer switch that’s not switching back to pass through mode when connecting to shore power. If some of your outlets are working it sounds like your main transfer switch is working fine. I don’t know what model inverter/charger you have but there should be some breakers if its a Xantrex or reset button on the outside if it’s a Magnum. 

I agree, if you have 120 VAC power to parts of the coach THEN your transfer switch is working as it should unless the Relay inside for the shore power is not transferring one leg due to poor contact. And that is providing that every thing you had listed above is all on the same leg.

Otherwise I would be looking elsewhere for your problem.

• Like 1

Congrats to you guys. You nailed it. It was a half broken wire inside the plug to the pedestal. Called Xantrex and the tech cleared the inverter. Called the transfer switch guys and they cleared the transfer switch & told me it was a dropped leg on the power cord. Problem was it was NOT broken all the way and that made it difficult it troubleshoot. Anyway problem solved and didn't have to spend money !!!

Dave

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 6:43 PM, Dave Shackelford said:

Congrats to you guys. You nailed it. It was a half broken wire inside the plug to the pedestal. Called Xantrex and the tech cleared the inverter. Called the transfer switch guys and they cleared the transfer switch & told me it was a dropped leg on the power cord. Problem was it was NOT broken all the way and that made it difficult it troubleshoot. Anyway problem solved and didn't have to spend money !!!

Dave

Update, After fixing the power cord end it stopped working again. Turns out it was the power cord reel internal connection went bad. Burned up. Took out the reel and made a direction connection. All good now.

Dave