Are steps chassis or house powered?

My 2008 Monaco Cayman will not start. Both house and chassis batteries are full. (Generator starts). When I turn the key all dash lights come on, flicker, gauges look like they are going to fire up….no sound. Nothing. At the same time this started my steps won’t go out when the door opens. Are these related? 

11 minutes ago, Jlalpaugh said:

My 2008 Monaco Cayman will not start. Both house and chassis batteries are full. (Generator starts). When I turn the key all dash lights come on, flicker, gauges look like they are going to fire up….no sound. Nothing. At the same time this started my steps won’t go out when the door opens. Are these related? 

You have dead Chassis Batteries.  The Generator starts off the House.  The steps work off the House.  Read the manual.  WitH Generator RUNNING….Hold on the BOOST switch for what the Manual says.  You repeat this process.  You need to put a surface charge on the Chassis.  NO JOY using the Boost switch like the manual says…..look in the index. May be in section 9. 

IF you have a Booster or Jumper cable.  You can jumper or connect the Positive HOUSE to the CHASSIS House. TURN OFF each battery bank switch with the battery disconnect switches.  Hook up the jumper cable beware the positives.  Turn ON BOTH Battery banks at the disconnect switches. Start the Generator. Let it run maybe 30 minutes.  This is charging the Chassis.  Then, with the generator RUNNING…..start the MH.  Should start. Let it and generator run for maybe 30 minutes.  Stop engine. Turn OFF BOTH Disconnects.  Remove the jumper cable.  You should be OK….and engine should start.

12 hours ago, Jlalpaugh said:

Yes both banks are fully charged and tested. 

Check your ignition relay in the Monaco Box (1 or 2, can't remember) in the Front Run Bay.  Swap it with another relay to test.

Keep us posted.

- bob

I am not very mechanical. Can you show me a picture of what a relay might look like please. 

14 minutes ago, Jlalpaugh said:

I am not very mechanical. Can you show me a picture of what a relay might look like please. 

Relays - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLK2PC9Y/

The Electrical Systems section of your owners manual will have locations.  Look for Monaco Box.

disclaimer - I have an 03 Endeavor, you have an 08 Cayman.  While basically the same there might be some differences in the chassis of our two coaches.

- bob