Smart wheel questions

CSplug1.jpg.15c83e1386458bd3a8669b55183ebbff.jpgCSplug2.jpg.57dba9c0e2d13ea743537bcc09805720.jpg

Having clock spring problems I purchased a DAC 1900043 from Freightliner and they attempted to install it but ran into issues with the plug at the bottom of the steering column. I have large white plug receptacle that doesn't match the black small plug on the new clock spring wiring. Is there a source for the black plugs that I could buy so I don't have to change the new wiring plug over to the old white plug? All the color codes match on old and new CS's and are in same order on plugs. Searching the internet doesn't find a clock spring with the old style plugs on it. Suggestions? Would really rather change the plug on the wire run going down into the front run box for SM210 module.

This issue has come up often enough over the years on different projects that I have collected the release tools and spare terminal pins such that I can change the plugs when necessary. Faster and looks nicer than splicing.

• Like 1

I was hoping to update my existing plugs so if a new clock spring needed to be installed I wouldn't have to splice again. Looking for the matching receptacle to the small black plug on the CS cable.

Can't tell too much from your picture. Probably Amp or Deutsch. They are the dominant players in the auto industry.  I would start with with TE Connectivity. They have charts which you can use to identify the shell, type and associated pin terminals. Helps to have a pair of calipers so that you can measure the pin dimension.  You can buy what you need directly from them online including the release tool in case you need to change the pin out configuration. I've had to do that more times than I care to confess.