ARV-55 Install but no water

My pump went bad so I went for the ARV 55 in hopes of all the better stuff it would do for my life... er... Wife. I put the pump on and plumbed everything up. 

On first start the Open Faucet was sucking in air. No worries. I quickly flipped the lines on the pump. This time nothing but air coming out of the cold water. Waited about 5 mins and still nothing. 

I decided to check the lines Just to be sure I had the right lines in the right place. The incoming line (suction) had water and the out going line (pressure) had none. They seemed correct. 

Upon starting the pump again, I noticed the tank that typically contains the antifreeze fluid had vacuum on it. This would seem to indicate that the valve to winterize is open and may be causing the air in the system and not allowing the suction to pull the water. 

The problem is that I don't know where the winterization valve is. Further to the point is there a diagram of the water system on the 06 Camelot? 

Fair Point Bob. The information I've found doesn't seem to show that it does. It seems the typical method is toclose all valves. Open one cold faucet and turn the pump on. there was sufficient pressure being made. Jus no water. 

4 hours ago, nvrtoofast said:

My pump went bad so I went for the ARV 55 in hopes of all the better stuff it would do for my life... er... Wife. I put the pump on and plumbed everything up. 

On first start the Open Faucet was sucking in air. No worries. I quickly flipped the lines on the pump. This time nothing but air coming out of the cold water. Waited about 5 mins and still nothing. 

I decided to check the lines Just to be sure I had the right lines in the right place. The incoming line (suction) had water and the out going line (pressure) had none. They seemed correct. 

Upon starting the pump again, I noticed the tank that typically contains the antifreeze fluid had vacuum on it. This would seem to indicate that the valve to winterize is open and may be causing the air in the system and not allowing the suction to pull the water. 

The problem is that I don't know where the winterization valve is. Further to the point is there a diagram of the water system on the 06 Camelot? 

OK…start by reading the water secfion in your manual. IF (big IF…Monaco) you have the Prevent a FREEZE option, you need to look carefully.  At least on MINE, there is no “antifreeze tank” when you only have the standard configuration.  If you have the “antifreeze tank”. Then FIRST make sure that switch is in the NORMAL position.  NOW…

Page 189….  Says…for NORMAL (Non Prevent-A-Freeze), you HOOK UP to AN EXTERNAL container.  SO, you had a SUCTION on the tank.  That means the Prevent-A-Freeze valve was in the FREEZE or Winterization mode….when the switch is set to WINTERIZE….there is a 2 way valve that redirects the SUCTION line of the PUMP to the Antifreeze Tank.  BTW… Monaco put TWO 1/4 turn valves on the line…so you could “work” on it.  That may have been overkill.

NOW BACK TO BASICS.  The SUCTION side of the PUMP has the filter.  And the OTHER side is the OUTPUT.  So, chase the line from the Antifreeze Tank.  There will be 3 hoses or fittings on the valve,  ONE is from the FRESH TANK.  ONE is from the ANTIFREEZE tank. The OTHER goes directly to the FILTER on the Suction side of the Pump.  The OUPUT or pressurized side of the pump then feeds the MAIN Domestic line or “the plumbing”.

NOW…one other note. You DO realize that the NEW ARV55 does NOT come with the Backflow preventer that the OEM Pump came with.   Scotty Hutto wrote up the issue.  He “double protected” his system.  But many only need the FACTORY Backflow preventer.  I’m on my second pump….and it works fine….but when I bought it, Remco was including it.  YOU need that….for the interim, you should be able to “steal” the old one.  DO YOURSELF BIG FAVOR…buy a new one.

LINK to the Remco part….       https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Remco-CVK-553-Check-Valve-For-Aquajet-Rebel-p/cvk-553.htm

READ THIS… then go back and check the connections.  Then make sure the PREVENT-A-FREEZE switch is set correctly…NORMAL.  If there is an issue and you still have SUCTION on the Antifreeze tank….odds are….the Valve ain’t working.  For the interim, if you get fitting or adapters and HOOK UP the TANK INLET to the VALVE OUTLET (the line going the SUCTION side of the FILTER….you’ll be good to go.  You WILL have to replace the defective valve. 

NOW FWIW… use your VOM. LOOKING at my Diagram…. If you remove the panel and check the back of the switch. In either POSITION, there is Voltage across the center terminals.  BUT when you check POLARITY….one side will have the positive and negative one way…flip the switch…the polarity reverses.  NO VOLTAGE ….an upstream fuse…in the maain fuse panel inside,  your manual should show you which one or the decal…

Thats it…follow the above…THEN get back to us….

• 2 weeks later...

I ran down the elements a bit more and verified that I have a Prevent a Freeze system. This includes a container in the basement near the water pump to hold the antifreeze. i checked the manual on how to use. I checked the switch and it doesn't seem to work as the indicator light doesn't illuminate in either direction. i checked fuses but everything checks ok. The valve remains open and I still get suction on the antifreeze container. 

I need to check the valves and see what the issue is. Where are they and how can I access it. I traced the line going out of the antifreeze container and it goes into the main section in the middle of the basement. I don't know how to access the internals of this. Any guidance on where the valves are? 

8 hours ago, nvrtoofast said:

I ran down the elements a bit more and verified that I have a Prevent a Freeze system. This includes a container in the basement near the water pump to hold the antifreeze. i checked the manual on how to use. I checked the switch and it doesn't seem to work as the indicator light doesn't illuminate in either direction. i checked fuses but everything checks ok. The valve remains open and I still get suction on the antifreeze container. 

I need to check the valves and see what the issue is. Where are they and how can I access it. I traced the line going out of the antifreeze container and it goes into the main section in the middle of the basement. I don't know how to access the internals of this. Any guidance on where the valves are? 

There is only one valve.  You need to download the Prevent -A - Freeze installation manual. OK…to understand, you have INCOMING power to the switch?  Did you pull or remove the switch and verify 12 VDC. The way it is wired….12 VDC comes in….and goes to one set of Terminals.  Then, the polarity is reversed…and these two wires (POS & NEG) go to opposite end of the switch…but are reversed.  The two center wires to to the valve.  When the switch is in ONE position, the power from the center terminals….(example…not fact) …TOP will be POS & BOTTOM will be NEG….reverse the switch or change position.  NOW the TOP is POS & BOT is NEG.

IF NO POWER TO SWITCH….ain’t gonna work.  Power out of the center wires or terminals….and the polarity reverses….either a loose downstream connector….or a bad valve.  Test and verify voltage FIRST….  If you have voltage at switch….then chase the wires….you’ll find the valve.

BTW….it isn’t a big refinery looking device.  Small.  It should be within a few inches of the pump filter inlet..

Good luck.  Once you find the valve…unplug it and test the wires from the switch….