2014 MaxForce Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) wiring request

Recently had the DPF removed and washed. There is a consensus that the wiring to the unit might not be correct. Does anybody have the wiring schematic or the wire colors to the terminal block on the DPF? 

Issue is that the dash warning light for a "flush" is illuminated and will not extinguish. The request for a flush rocker switch works but there is no response.

Tom Treharne

843-540-3535

I think you have the Maxxforce 13, so I don’t know if this diagram will help you or not.  There are only 4 connectors on the DPF and DOC .  3 of them are 2 pins and the other is a 3 pin.  Maybe they reversed the DPFIT and DPFOT connections.  Not sure what that would do, but the ECM would think that the DPFOT was lower than the DPFIT.  I think the DPFOT is supposed to be higher.  
Good Luck…

2012 Diplomat Maxxforce Diagram.pdf

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2014 MaxForce Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) wiring request
34 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

I think you have the Maxxforce 13, so I don’t know if this diagram will help you or not.  There are only 4 connectors on the DPF and DOC .  3 of them are 2 pins and the other is a 3 pin.  Maybe they reversed the DPFIT and DPFOT connections.  Not sure what that would do, but the ECM would think that the DPFOT was lower than the DPFIT.  I think the DPFOT is supposed to be higher.  
Good Luck…

2012 Diplomat Maxxforce Diagram.pdf 2.39 MB · 0 downloads

WOW…..never seen that drawing set before.  @Frank McElroy…. Can you check and see if we have these? I didn’t see them using “WIRING” & FILES.

JUST A GUESS….since Navistar was standardizing all the engines…. PROBABLY these would cover all the Model Years.  2014 was the last year of the “old” Dynasty….except the MILL wasn’t Cummins.

Thanks for posting.  A real FIND!!

2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

WOW…..never seen that drawing set before.  @Frank McElroy…. Can you check and see if we have these? I didn’t see them using “WIRING” & FILES.

JUST A GUESS….since Navistar was standardizing all the engines…. PROBABLY these would cover all the Model Years.  2014 was the last year of the “old” Dynasty….except the MILL wasn’t Cummins.

Thanks for posting.  A real FIND!!

Tom,

Does this mean I’m out of the penalty box and back in good standing?  Haha.  I thought I posted this before, but maybe not.  Frank, may want to rename the file to Navistar Maxxforce Wiring.  I used the 2012 Diplomat naming convention so that I can find it easier on my computer.  

I encourage anyone with this circa Maxxforce engine to look this over and get a spare ECM relay.  If it craps out, your engine will shut down or fail to start AND the Medallion will display “High Voltage (or battery, I can’t remember exactly).  This relay is one of 6 that are mounted to the frame beside the coach batteries.  

17 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

Tom,

Does this mean I’m out of the penalty box and back in good standing?  Haha.  I thought I posted this before, but maybe not.  Frank, may want to rename the file to Navistar Maxxforce Wiring.  I used the 2012 Diplomat naming convention so that I can find it easier on my computer.  

I encourage anyone with this circa Maxxforce engine to look this over and get a spare ECM relay.  If it craps out, your engine will shut down or fail to start AND the Medallion will display “High Voltage (or battery, I can’t remember exactly).  This relay is one of 6 that are mounted to the frame beside the coach batteries.  

Did you ICE someone or HIGH STICK a fellow member????

Frank and I talked.  He will upload the file... BUT there will be a CAVEAT.  Those files tell you, as he has looked at them, that there are INPUTS and OUTPUTS.  OK....WHAT TYPE?  NOW it gets TRICKY.  Per our conversation, the MaxForce engine has a Multiplex SYSTEM.  The Cummins does NOT.  

NOW...what that means....is that it might be easy to find the I/O wire for say the DPF.  BUT, where did REV send it to or how does it get back, eventually to the ECM.

There is absolutely...as I said NO ECM wiring on your prints.  NOW, for those of us with Cummins engines....we can see or Monaco put on a Print....where the signals are.  For example, the Exhaust Brake and the Brake Pedal switch usually have a wire going to the ECM.  Then the ECM will send back a signal to the Brake Pedal system.  That then is the same as pushing down the pedal.  NOW it doesn't work this way on ALL Monaco's as they were inconsistent....BUT....Here's the DRILL

Cruise is ON.  Your MH is wired so that when you engage or turn on the Exhaust Brake, there is a SIGNAL, from the ECM that CLOSES a relay...and that Relay also has the Brake Pedal Wires.  SO....to disengage the cruise....THREE WAYS.

TURN OFF on the VIP Smart Wheel

Tap the Service Brake pedal....that turn off CRUISE.

OR, have a Exhaust Brake signal that triggers the SAME relay as pushing in the Service Brake.

NOW>...folks will scream... MINE STAYS ON.  OK.. My 2009 Camelot's stays ON....even though you engage the Exhaust Brake.  On the 2008 Dynasty....there is a backfeed circuit and a relay that KILLS the CRUISE....so you do NOT have to disengage the CRUISE manually....the ECM does it.

Frank and I found this out....and it would take a bunch or rewiring or mine...as well as reprogramming the ECM to make it work.  He did a minor tweak to mine.  After I left, a few miles down the road...NO CHANGE.  Still had to Manually disengage the Cruise....otherwise the Cruise would be tightly controlled by the exhaust brake.  That takes away 10% of your fuel economy.  TESTED and MEASURED..

SO...just because we now have the Navistar prints...  trying to correlate or figure out HOW Navistar hooked them up.  They COULD have used MPX signals....OR they could have used HARD WIRED (NON MPX).

WOW....Isn't THAT clear...but Frank and I agreed and that is....UNFORTUNATELY....WHAT IT IS.  I THINK (suspect) that REV has the interconnection prints....and how it all goes together...but that was never included in the drawings and that would have added PAGES and PAGES...and they didn't bother...BUT, if Navistar had the prints.....then keep pestering REV to look into the files.  The Engineering Crew that loaded up the prints and such....may no KNOW that they are critical....but odds are...they are SOMEWHERE in the Files or Intellectual Property but no one knows where and why and such....

YES....we are ALL LEGACY and OPRHANS...

32 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Did you ICE someone or HIGH STICK a fellow member????

Frank and I talked.  He will upload the file... BUT there will be a CAVEAT.  Those files tell you, as he has looked at them, that there are INPUTS and OUTPUTS.  OK....WHAT TYPE?  NOW it gets TRICKY.  Per our conversation, the MaxForce engine has a Multiplex SYSTEM.  The Cummins does NOT.  

NOW...what that means....is that it might be easy to find the I/O wire for say the DPF.  BUT, where did REV send it to or how does it get back, eventually to the ECM.

There is absolutely...as I said NO ECM wiring on your prints.  NOW, for those of us with Cummins engines....we can see or Monaco put on a Print....where the signals are.  For example, the Exhaust Brake and the Brake Pedal switch usually have a wire going to the ECM.  Then the ECM will send back a signal to the Brake Pedal system.  That then is the same as pushing down the pedal.  NOW it doesn't work this way on ALL Monaco's as they were inconsistent....BUT....Here's the DRILL

Cruise is ON.  Your MH is wired so that when you engage or turn on the Exhaust Brake, there is a SIGNAL, from the ECM that CLOSES a relay...and that Relay also has the Brake Pedal Wires.  SO....to disengage the cruise....THREE WAYS.

TURN OFF on the VIP Smart Wheel

Tap the Service Brake pedal....that turn off CRUISE.

OR, have a Exhaust Brake signal that triggers the SAME relay as pushing in the Service Brake.

NOW>...folks will scream... MINE STAYS ON.  OK.. My 2009 Camelot's stays ON....even though you engage the Exhaust Brake.  On the 2008 Dynasty....there is a backfeed circuit and a relay that KILLS the CRUISE....so you do NOT have to disengage the CRUISE manually....the ECM does it.

Frank and I found this out....and it would take a bunch or rewiring or mine...as well as reprogramming the ECM to make it work.  He did a minor tweak to mine.  After I left, a few miles down the road...NO CHANGE.  Still had to Manually disengage the Cruise....otherwise the Cruise would be tightly controlled by the exhaust brake.  That takes away 10% of your fuel economy.  TESTED and MEASURED..

SO...just because we now have the Navistar prints...  trying to correlate or figure out HOW Navistar hooked them up.  They COULD have used MPX signals....OR they could have used HARD WIRED (NON MPX).

WOW....Isn't THAT clear...but Frank and I agreed and that is....UNFORTUNATELY....WHAT IT IS.  I THINK (suspect) that REV has the interconnection prints....and how it all goes together...but that was never included in the drawings and that would have added PAGES and PAGES...and they didn't bother...BUT, if Navistar had the prints.....then keep pestering REV to look into the files.  The Engineering Crew that loaded up the prints and such....may no KNOW that they are critical....but odds are...they are SOMEWHERE in the Files or Intellectual Property but no one knows where and why and such....

YES....we are ALL LEGACY and OPRHANS...

I inadvertently made a perceived political comment in the CARB thread…

Back to the Navistar drawing; I realize it is not identical to how the coach is wired.  For instance, those relays I mentioned in the earlier post  - well Navistar will tell you they are on the firewall.  That’s probably true for trucks, but not our coaches.  I do know this drawing helped me troubleshoot a defective after treatment control module.  I also have the Servicemaxx software, which I believe is comparable to the Cummins Insite.  I was able to reprogram my engine brake using Servicemaxx.  When I got the coach the engine brake would only engage when the service brakes were applied.  Obviously, I had overheated brakes going down steep inclines.  I reprogrammed the engine brake so that it engages when I release the throttle.