Lost Power to Storage Lights; 2007 Diplomat

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

I have no power to the Storage Light Switch by the entry door. The F35 fuse is good. I have power coming out of the wire from the C406 el. plug. I have power on the correct wire going out the front el. box into the underneath of the frame area. No power where it comes thru the floor by the entry door. Is there a relay of some kind between front electrical area and the switch itself ? I have put a temporary jumper to the switch and all is working as it should. The loom of wires is about 2” in diameter going underneath and nearly impossible to trace. 2007 diplomat 40skq. If someone knows of a relay and location that could be the problem please let me know. Thanks

• Solution
4 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

I have no power to the Storage Light Switch by the entry door. The F35 fuse is good. I have power coming out of the wire from the C406 el. plug. I have power on the correct wire going out the front el. box into the underneath of the frame area. No power where it comes thru the floor by the entry door. Is there a relay of some kind between front electrical area and the switch itself ? I have put a temporary jumper to the switch and all is working as it should. The loom of wires is about 2” in diameter going underneath and nearly impossible to trace. 2007 diplomat 40skq. If someone knows of a relay and location that could be the problem please let me know. Thanks

NOPE….as my attorneys taught me to say….to the BEST of my knowledge.  There may be an interconnecting harness that has sort of vibrated apart.  There may be a pin in it that has corroded.  There may (PROBABLY) be a BUTT SPLICE that was not properly made….. and over time, the wires separated.  That is fhe most common failure or (gee…found it).

As to the 2” loom or bundle….the ONLY WAY (OK…folks know a LOT of tricks) to really chase it down….use a toner or a sniffer….start on either end and use the tester or sniffer and keep working your way back.

NOW IF…and it sounds like you probably have located the FIRST light in system.  Odds are….the power lead from the switch went under the MH.  Maybe to the passenger side first bay…then on done that side.  NOW….was there a split feed at that first light…or was it split upstream…or did it feed all the way to the rear….and then go “series strung” from the rear on the road side…up front. 

The 2007 Diplomat prints were not the best.  The  Endeavor was supposedly the HR twin built in Elkhart.  Elkhart sometimes did NOT feel the need to follow the prints like the folks in Oregon did for the Diplomat.  BOTTOM lime…if you can snake a new feed and secure it from rubbing on the frame or chassis with zip ties….that MIGHT be less effort than chasing….look at the prints….there are prints on the harnesses and the connections and the pins….maybe…

Good Luck…

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Lost Power to Storage Lights; 2007 Diplomat