New (To Us) 2016 Diplomat 43DF - Round 2

Well... today, we finally picked up our 'new to us' 2016 Diplomat 43DF.

The dealer did a WONDERFUL job of cleaning it, replacing all 8 tires, brand new inverter, new water pump relay, and will be replacing the drivers side window (it's foggy and FL state law requires it to be replaced).

As suspected, it won't fit in the driveway! Yeah, I do a little bit of tearing up the grass... I have to figure out another option!

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow.  Very nice Coach.  Congratulations and I wish you nothing but safe travels and good times.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BradHend said:

Wow.  Very nice Coach.  Congratulations and I wish you nothing but safe travels and good times.  

Thanks Brad!  We are hoping to make a trip to ON and head west to AB and BC!   I've worked on many wind farms for my company in ON, AB, QC, and one in MB over the last 15 years!

Sounds like a good trip!
Gotta ask though, who installs your Wind Turbine lifts? I installed a couple Avanti lifts in a small wind farm in Rodney Ontario but then a couple guys from our office left and started up their own business installing the lifts all over Canada.  Power Climber is what they mainly install now.  

It's a beauty!

I would imagine that your HOA will not let you keep it parked there for very long.

We bought in Flagler Beach where you ARE allowed to park your RV at your house providing it follows the rules of the city. One of two reasons we went from Full-Time to Part-Time RVing. Our previous 02 Windsor would fit right under the house but I haven't tried doing it with the Dynasty yet.

Well, am the President of our HOA, but that's not an excuse!  With the recent changes to HOA laws going into effect on 01 July, they can no longer cite you for parking an RV in your driveway or on public streets (unless it's a gated community with private roads).  However, I am cognizant of attempting to play by the rules and it's only right to set an example, for sure.

I'm more concerned of someone hitting it parked on the road!

1 hour ago, Chuck-Kathy_Orlando said:

Well, am the President of our HOA,  

HaHa, that's a bonus 🤣!

Couldn't see myself living anywhere there's a HOA!

I live on a corner lot and have a dedicated coach / boat driveway.

8 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

HaHa, that's a bonus 🤣!

Couldn't see myself living anywhere there's a HOA!

I live on a corner lot and have a dedicated coach / boat driveway.

That's one thing I WISH I had.  I'd put up a cover and since I have 50 amp service for the previous RV, keep in plugged in to keep the humidity out when not in use.

12 hours ago, OAEVXE said:

Congrats ! We've got the exact same coach.  Love the full slide. Had it since 2017.

Thanks for the nice words!  Our issue at the moment is they (the dealer) is working to get the refrigerator working.  I suspect that when they replaced the inverter, they might have burned out a relay or switch.  However, we'll see.

Our plan for a shakedown trip this weekend is looking 'shakey' at the moment.  Hopefully, we'll gt some good news tomorrow!

On 7/2/2024 at 9:42 PM, Chuck-Kathy_Orlando said:

Thanks for the nice words!  Our issue at the moment is they (the dealer) is working to get the refrigerator working.  I suspect that when they replaced the inverter, they might have burned out a relay or switch.  However, we'll see.

Our plan for a shakedown trip this weekend is looking 'shakey' at the moment.  Hopefully, we'll gt some good news tomorrow!

So, unfortunately the refrigerator parts won't be in for about a week, or so.  The shakedown trip got canceled!  The real aggravation is that they are claiming against the extended warranty that I bought rather than owning up to their error and fixing it on their account.   I mean the entire job with parts and labor is about $700.

I suspect. that they have had to make some major replacements (tires, inverter, 6 house batteries, 2 chassis batteries, and defog the drivers window) that they may have had a good chuck of their profit whacked.

Oh well, once we get this back sometime next week (I hope), we'll be done with them and I'll find some good mobile techs in our area, Central Florida, that I can rely on to fix any issues that arise from here on out.

On 7/6/2024 at 7:43 AM, Chuck-Kathy_Orlando said:

So, unfortunately the refrigerator parts won't be in for about a week, or so.  The shakedown trip got canceled!  The real aggravation is that they are claiming against the extended warranty that I bought rather than owning up to their error and fixing it on their account.   I mean the entire job with parts and labor is about $700.

I suspect. that they have had to make some major replacements (tires, inverter, 6 house batteries, 2 chassis batteries, and defog the drivers window) that they may have had a good chuck of their profit whacked.

Oh well, once we get this back sometime next week (I hope), we'll be done with them and I'll find some good mobile techs in our area, Central Florida, that I can rely on to fix any issues that arise from here on out.

So... we have been told that our rig will be done tomorrow and we have an appointment to pick it up at noon.  She is coming HOME!

Needless to say, we're pretty excited!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We finally picked up our rig on Monday.  Interestingly enough, when we went to pick it up on Saturday, I asked them to help me adjust the outside mirror while I sat in the driver's seat.  They were having difficulty in getting it to move and ended up shearing off the bolt inside the mirror.   As such, we couldn't pick it up on Saturday, but they finally got everything done for a Monday pickup.

During this entire process, we ended up making some MAJOR decisions such that we are making some big living changes.

1- We've put our house on the market and have an open house set up for tomorrow.  Since we really can't have the RV at the house for loading and unloading due to it's size, we have to make alternative living arrangements.

2- We have been thinking about 'at some time' downsizing from a 3500+ sq / 6 br + 4 ba home for 2 people (yes we have 5 daughters and 10 grandchildren, but they visit a couple of times a year, but not enough to keep up this big house for both of us).

3- We've found a great premier RV and golf course community near Titusville, FL where you have your RV parked right at the house in a LARGE RV garage.  While it's NOT a 55+ community, by the nature of what it is, of the 1300+ home sites, maybe 1% are with families and younger children.

Given that we are both working with me mostly 100% remote and her hybrid remote, this is a workable location for both of us when we have to go into the office in East Orlando.

So, it's clear that this 'New to Us' Monaco Diplomat has had WAY MORE of an impact than either of us initially assumed!  Hopefully the pictures give you an idea of how big the RV garage is.  It's actually 51' long and has 50 amp power, water, and sewer hookup in the garage! 

233 Harmony-1.webp

233 Harmony-2.webp

233 Harmony-3.webp

Edited by Chuck-Kathy_Orlando
  • Like 2