Wind Noise - Solved!

This one has a happy ending...  about a year ago, while turning out of a campground I dropped a rear wheel off in a small ditch. My already-cracked windshield spiderwebbed (cracked to look like a spider web). I had the windshield replaced, but kept experiencing a very loud and annoying wind noise. I was certain it was the windshield and get the windshield company out there two more times to fix their mistake. The wind noise persisted. I recently got a rock chip in my “new” windshield, and immediately got the (same) glass company out to fix it. While there the tech asked if I was still having a problem with wind noise, which I was. He went over the windshield, inside and out, and could not find a problem. 

Over the last year, I have added new spray foam under the dash and in the front run bay to try and resolve the problem. 

While working with him, I noticed the trim around the drivers side window had pulled out about 1/16”. I sealed the trim with ProFlex, and after a 6 hour trip, NO WIND NOISE!

69357835-2085-4A9B-9014-547487C331EE.jpeg.ee976b66e49f1854666458b5dd65e727.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting that. You wouldn’t readily notice 1/16. I’ll be checking mine, though I haven’t noticed much wind noise up front. However, my hearing isn’t the best. 

On 10/4/2020 at 6:49 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

It took me almost a year to figure it out!  I looked at that window several times and never thought the gap was big enough to cause that much noise!

My mother in law is only 5'2" and you should hear her.... 😁😁😂😂.... Dennis

• Haha 1