Loss of headlights

I have a 2004 Windsor 40PST. I lost my headlights a few weeks ago and after troubleshooting, I found the headlight switch to be bad. I thought the switch fixed my problem until two days ago. In an early morning rain storm they decided to quit again. I’m on my way home and don’t need them now. What I’m trying to find is a wiring diagram of the headlight circuit. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks 

13 hours ago, ColoJim said:

I have a 2004 Windsor 40PST. I lost my headlights a few weeks ago and after troubleshooting, I found the headlight switch to be bad. I thought the switch fixed my problem until two days ago. In an early morning rain storm they decided to quit again. I’m on my way home and don’t need them now. What I’m trying to find is a wiring diagram of the headlight circuit. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks 

Send me your email address to jbee99807@gmail.com and I will send you a 2004 Windsor chassis wiring diagram.  Chuck B

Hi Jim,

I have a 2004 Imperial and the headlights went out on the way to Florida last year. I checked all of the fuses and couldn't find anything a miss. I finally pulled the plastic covering off from around the steering column and found a plug that had come disconnected. I hope this helps! 

• 11 months later...

My headlight switch on 2004 HR Scepter gets very warm to the touch. Probably in the dimmer resistor for the dash lights. Headlight circuits include relays for high and low so minimum current. Do others notice the heat? Do you have a part number for a replacement switch?