LP gas removal

Chet P

Our SIG had a propane tank just for the gas stove. (We're full timers and a tank of propane would last over a year for all our cooking.) Everything else in the coach was electric. We were at Davis cabinets in Junction City, OR and had them remove the gas unit, and modify the Corian counter top to accommodate the a two hot pad induction unit. Davis had bought the remaining Corian stock when Monaco went bankrupt and had the exact match  for our cabinet tops. We had the folks at Elite Repair in Harrisburg, OR remove the propane tank and close up the tank space, creating an additional bay in the basement.

We now have an all electric coach and don't have to mess with propane. Wife likes the induction cooktop and has had no problems getting used to it. I should mention that we bought one of the single counter top portable induction units for her to try out before we made the change to induction cooking permeant in the coach.

Chet P

2004 SIG 45' Castle IV Detroit 60

• Like 2

Guest Timothy

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I echo the senntiments posted by others. This is a great forum. Chet, can you post any pictures of your conversion. Thanks, Tim

36 minutes ago, Chet P said:

Our SIG had a propane tank just for the gas stove. (We're full timers and a tank of propane would last over a year for all our cooking.) Everything else in the coach was electric. We were at Davis cabinets in Junction City, OR and had them remove the gas unit, and modify the Corian counter top to accommodate the a two hot pad induction unit. Davis had bought the remaining Corian stock when Monaco went bankrupt and had the exact match  for our cabinet tops. We had the folks at Elite Repair in Harrisburg, OR remove the propane tank and close up the tank space, creating an additional bay in the basement.

We now have an all electric coach and don't have to mess with propane. Wife likes the induction cooktop and has had no problems getting used to it. I should mention that we bought one of the single counter top portable induction units for her to try out before we made the change to induction cooking permeant in the coach.

Chet P

2004 SIG 45' Castle IV Detroit 60

we will like to have pictures, I will like to convert to induction. My house is induction and we love it

I converted to induction about a year ago works great. Had a local cabinet shop patch in the counter top. We can even remove the cooktop to use it out side.

20190706_070940.thumb.jpg.107d966d8dafc96f05cad7fe29625e51.jpg.82e4d117163049328622fa1096183966.jpg

Our SIG originally had a dishwasher. DW did not like it and used it only for storage of pots & pans. Davis Cabinet built three large sliding drawers and did a perfect job matching the coach cabinet doors to replace the dish washer. There was a power plug for the dishwasher which became the power source for the induction cook top.

Davis did such a good job matching the corian that it is impossible to see the difference between the old and new material.

By the way, the wood floor is engineered wood - bambo - installed by Ernie Eckberg.

Chet P

2004 SIG Castle IV Detroit series 60

IMG_1885 2.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

Edited by Chet P

I absolutely love pic of 2000 Windsor! You’re really keeping it clean. Hopefully I can get my 2001 Knight looking that good soon. Btw.. Nice trailer as well.

My coach generator runs off propane. It has its pluses and minuses for sure.

One plus is if Boondocking I have extra 100lb portable tank. (Never used lol). Pain in rear removing after setup. Still love my coach and no regrets. It’s like I’m driving a brand new coach and it’s 19 years old. A little rusty in places but a true workhorse.

2001 Monaco Knight

New awnings, upgraded TV’s, New tires.

Working too much to enjoy it as much I’d like..