Quartzsite 2021?

cor460

Is anyone going to Quartzsite in 2021?  We are interested but have no information on where and when with hopes to join  other members of this group.  It is a bucket list item for us to attend the Big Tent.  We attended the Lazy Days rally last year but it seems it will not happen this year so we thought Quartzsite for 2021.  Is there a place where the group meets in Quartzsite?  

We plan to be there along with a few others we have heard from. Hopefully it won’t get cancelled.

The Monaco group has a standard location at LaPosa South. Drifter usually posts a thread on IRV2 in the Monaco section. 
 We hope to see you there.

Roy 

• Like 1

There is also a Monacoers Group that has been meeting for years north of town at the Plomosa Road BLM area.  This is what has, in the past, been called the "Lew Crash & Burn" area.  Ron Farrar and I will be there, whether the Big Show go on or not.  There are several that have indicated they will be there too.  While this started as a "Monaco" group camp, it is open to all other brands, and also trailerables.  I think Ron will post more details but most of us will be there the same time the show is scheduled, and some will arrive early, and some will stay longer.  Here is a link to a Google Map of the location (we try to stay in the same general area).  Let me know if you have any questions.  

Just now, waterskier_1 said:

There is also a Monacoers Group that has been meeting for years north of town at the Plomosa Road BLM area.  This is what has, in the past, been called the "Lew Crash & Burn" area.  Ron Farrar and I will be there, whether the Big Show go on or not.  There are several that have indicated they will be there too.  While this started as a "Monaco" group camp, it is open to all other brands, and also trailerables.  I think Ron will post more details but most of us will be there the same time the show is scheduled, and some will arrive early, and some will stay longer.  Here is a link to a Google Map of the location (we try to stay in the same general area).  Let me know if you have any questions.  

Should have selected Satellite View for better reference.  

We too are going to Quartzsite.  We stay with the Escapees Boomers also off Plomosa Road.  All are welcome - join us if you like.   When this subject first came up it started a flame war about whether this was a good idea.  The way I look at it is I can quarantine and socially distance just as easily, if not better, in my motorhome in Quartzsite rather than at home.  But I am wary about the big tent.  They announced it will be open but with "one way" aisles.  May not do the tent but will definitely be at Q in January.

Gerry

07 Cayman

I've never been there so I have to ask a couple questions. I assume there is no power hookups and you have to rely on generator and Solar for power?  What is the approximate cost to stay for 2-3 months for the site location?

Your assumption is correct.  You are parked in the desert without any services other than what you bring yourself.  There is no charge to park in the desert but you will have the usual costs of food, fuel, water refill and using a dump station.  There are a couple of areas near town called Long Term Visitor Areas (LTVA).  There is a charge (IIRC it is about $40 for two weeks).  They usually have water to refill your water tank, a dump station and restrooms.  But you are dry camping there too.  Google the LTVA's at Quartzsite for more details as they may be affected by the Covid thing.  The desert has a beauty all its own and we love it.

Cheers.

Gerry

07 Cayman