Fridge access door

I replaced the NoCold with a Samsung fridge a few years ago and love it.  I was always concerned about dust and water getting into the back of the fridge thru the outside access door.  I purchased a solid steel replacement door (unpainted) from Newmar or Tiffin for $40.  Don't remember which one though.  Most doors are the same and this door fit almost perfect.  I had to file a little to make it perfect.  It even had the screw holes in the perfect place.  Found a guy who does body repair and paint at your site in Indio, CA.  He did an incredible job as it had different color stripes right thru the middle of the door.   He matched the color  perfect and 2 coats of clear on top.

Fridge access 1.jpg

Fridge access 4.jpg

Fridge access 5.jpg

Fridge access 6.jpg

• Like 2

No,  2 screws are removed from the frame and then reinstalled to hold the door in.  Holes lined up exactly right.  The twist latches are not needed.  You can see the screws in the finished pic.

Safe travels

Dave

His info:

Carlos Leyva

I saw a brand new Newell pulling into the resort and he side swiped a workers trailer and scratched and dented the entire side of the coach.  It took 4/5 days to complete and it looked as good as new when done.....  Owner told me that is the only painter Newell recommends........

Safe travels

Dave

Edited by Dave Hinds

On 12/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, Dave Hinds said:

His info:

Carlos Leyva

I saw a brand new Newell pulling into the resort and he side swiped a workers trailer and scratched and dented the entire side of the coach.  It took 4/5 days to complete and it looked as good as new when done.....  Owner told me that is the only painter Newell recommends........

Safe travels

Dave

Sorry, I forgot to ask, what resort were you staying at (I know there are several in Indo). Not all allow painting on site. I would certainly travel and stay there as it's only about 3 hours from my house. 

Thanks again,

Ken

Great info!! We are in Desert Hot Springs and will be calling him.