Fresh Water Hose Splice

thomasgibbens

I need to splice my fresh water hose due to a break in it. I tried a barbed brass connector with hose clamps but it still drips and it is very bulky on the take up reel. I t looks like quite a job to get the reel out so I prefer the splice. Any suggestions?

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

When I replaced mine it was a chore.  Had to remove the screws and lower the panel and still had trouble. I ended up cutting the hole larger for better access.  Mine was bad at the reel so splicing was not an option for me.  Personally I've had good luck w hose parts at our Ace store.  Maybe a plastic splice?

If you have a Glendinning hose reel there aren't many easy options.  I had about 15 ft of my hose that had aged and gotten brittle from exposure.  I called them to see about replacing the hose and they will only sell you a complete spool assembly ($132 as of today).  At the time I didn't want to deal with the hassle of tearing out the old one so I just cut the bad section off and re-terminated it with the original end fitting they had on it.  It appears they have some sort of proprietary hose connection inside of the spool, or it takes maybe a special tool to terminate it there.  Splicing in a new hose at that point, or anywhere in between, makes for a very cumbersome ordeal winding the hose back up.  I have never had a problem of not having enough hose to reach and campground connection but I do carry extra hose with me, just in case.