Empty tank in water pump area

CapnDean

Small tank located behind wet bay in fresh water pump area, it’s empty.  Anybody know what it’s for?   

im adding a check valve because I’m filling fresh water tank while connected to city water.

FBC3F55F-19A6-419C-9345-EE0F4C748397.jpeg

It looks exactly like the RV antifreeze tank for winterizing the water system in my 2005 Camelot.  There should be a switch to select to winterize your water system.  My switch says "normal" or "winterize" and it's located in a cabinet over my entrance door.  The winterizing tank holds about 3 gallons of RV antifreeze.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CaptnDean, tlhurlbut is correct.  I have a 2009 Camelot with the same tank, in the same place. There should be a rocker switch for normal/winterize. Fill the tank with RV antifreeze,  set the switch to winterize and using the water pump, open all the faucets, shower  (both inside and out), washer  and the icemaker. Also there are a couple of inline valves next to the tank that need to be turned on as seen in your picture. The hardest part is getting the fluid in the tank. Remember to put the switch back to normal when you use it for the first outing or you won't get water from the tank.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys.....    I live in South Mississippi.   We never winterize.   In fact Winter is Camping Season for us,  Summertime is Yachting Season,,