Slide closes partway

The kitchen slide won't close on my 2005 diplomat. The slide work fine opening but when I close the slide it will only close until it gets near the top of the ramp. In order to get up to the top of the ramp I have to pull on the counter top while my dw holds the switch. then it'll close rest of the way  I've taken the motor and had it checked twice, both time I was told the motor worked fine under a load. The rollers turns good and no flat spots, floor is good. So my question is do the rollers need adjusted to get it up the ramp? if so, is there method?

I assume your slide is hydraulic. If yes, check hydraulic rods to see if one or more are bent. Thats my issue except mine comes all the way in if it doesn’t get too off kilter!

12 hours ago, Gary M said:

I assume your slide is hydraulic. If yes, check hydraulic rods to see if one or more are bent. Thats my issue except mine comes all the way in if it doesn’t get too off kilter!

The OP has stated that he has removed and tested the motor, so I assume it’s not Hydraulic.

I am pretty sure your slide is on a geared track and not hydraulic. I know you had motor checked but I think it is weak. Not sure how much torque they are applying and how long they are running the motor.  Try pushing from outside with some constant pressure while the DW runs the switch. If it does not stop doing it this way I would change the motor.

You would probably get many more suggestions on IRV2.

Good Luck

2 hours ago, hitechpete said:

The OP has stated that he has removed and tested the motor, so I assume it’s not Hydraulic.

Thats fine but hydraulics have a motor also. Nothing was mentioned about rack and pinion or gears. Then I would have known it was not hydraulic.

The 2005 Diplomat has electric slides.  I have an 2005 Endeavor, the same coach.  The kitchen slide on the passenger side should be an above floor slide.  The large living room slide on the driver's side has the ramp.  If the slide is tilting as it comes in the rollers need to be adjusted and possibly the ends where the arms attach to the drive racks.  It should be looked at by a professional.  I always bring my slides in while still connect to shore or generator power so the batteries  are at full voltage.  Lubrication of the gears and racks from the bottom will also help.  A regular maintenance program to lubricate should be done.