99 executive M-11 oil capacity

1 hour ago, fiat124man said:

I am about to do the first oil change service on my new-to-me 99 executive with the M-11 cummins.  I have seen oil capacity at 10.3 gallons, and maybe less with a smaller oil pan.  anyone know how Monaco configured the M-11 in the executive. ?

Big Jon

I suggest you call Cummins Care at 1-800-286-6467 with your engine serial number handy and ask that question.

(IMO nobody knows your particular Cummins engine better than Cummins).

1 hour ago, fiat124man said:

I am about to do the first oil change service on my new-to-me 99 executive with the M-11 cummins.  I have seen oil capacity at 10.3 gallons, and maybe less with a smaller oil pan.  anyone know how Monaco configured the M-11 in the executive. ?

Over the years I have been advised to never assume anything about what Monaco did or didn’t do - and that is good advice.  That said, my 1998 Signature 450 hp M-11 according to my manual - is 9 gallons for the pan and “10 gallons including filter.”  You could also contact Cummins if you don’t have an owner’s manual.

karl h 1998 Signature 

• 5 months later...

The cummins manual with my 99 Signature M11

Calls for 10.3 gallon.

Thats what we have always used.

We have 124,000 miles on the 500 HP.

Cummins and dont use a quart of oil between service .

Service intervals averages 6,000 miles over the past 15 ears.

20200627_100124.jpg

Just yesterday I changed oil in our ISM 500 which is same as M11. With the long filter I used 10.5 gal to the top of dipstick marking, as always.  Never need to add any more. I use Valvoline Premium Blue and the Blackstone oil test alway has come back great, at 184k miles now. BTW, if you register with AITA, you can get it at NAPA for $11.99, best I could find these days.