Generator slide motor

Hello Rob, I had the very same problem on my '94 signature about 10 years ago (cat stood on switch is my guess). I got lucky and found a used actuator with the same motor on Ebay. But that was when this Thomson Saginaw version motor was more available. I looked for months before finding this on Ebay and took a gamble it would fit. I actually had the OEM's tag on my actuator and was able to contact the manufacturer directly and they told me it was a custom due to its extra length and at the time could sell me one for, if I remember right, for $1,200.00. Needless to say that was when I started looking on Ebay. If I have to do it again, I would look for a motor rewinding shop to rewind the armature. Or, as last resort ,youtube it and rewind it myself.

Google linear actuator replacement motor.   Or just linear acuator. Lots to choose from.  The wierd drive gear may be your limiting factor.  Replacing the whole thing may be necessary.  A shorter stroke that still allows access for oil check/changes maybe in your future, mine goes out much farther than really necessary.

God Luck