No propane at stove, tank switch keeps turning off

RichardZ

I have a 2001 HR Endeavor and went camping this weekend and the propane gas at the stove would not come on.   Thought it was low on propane so we had it filled. Hit the on switch near the tank and it clicked off... tried again and again, keeps clicking off... need help to figure this one out... I heard there might be an additional valve to shut off the gas if it detects excessive pressure or flow as it thinks there might be a gas line leak. Do I need to manually bleed it?

Rick,

There may be a LPG sniffing device that is turned off. It overrides the gas valve when it detects propane that may be leaking. Mine was located under my propane refrigerator on my 02’ Marquis. After shutting off main disconnect switch, cutting power to coach, LPG detector needed to be turned back on manually, once coach was powered up again. It will not allow the gas valve to open until it is turned back on. Also, make sure valve on tank is open. When filling with propane, they shut the valve off. Easy to forget to turn back on. Hope this helps.

My propane line clogged as well. Had to use compressed air with the ends open to blow em out. Big chunk of dirt flew out. Works great now. 

The click Sounds like yours is closing on you though.

Edited by Romeo84

Thank you everyone ❤️    I shut off all power to the RV, turned the propane tank electric switch off, turned the manual knob off, then turned off the supply line to the stove that was under the fridge.   Turned on all batteries and 50 amp, turned on electric tank switch and slowly opened manual knob.  Checked to make sure fridge worked with LP then opened stove supply line and turned on stove.   Ta Dah.   Success