W/D combo vent

JDCrow

Read through some posts this morn, and don’t want to hijack a thread. 

We are  rebuilding the platform for the W/D combo and there is a sticker that reads “there is a hole near this sticker where to drill”

I guess I’m asking,,, is this the hole?

C6A10451-2ED9-4D06-B909-26E8A3BF8653.jpeg

FE6E3BB4-11D6-4293-A911-00261BD6B0E8.jpeg

WOW! I would have to say NO! Those look like something was mounted to the panel there. The "hole" IMO would be perfect. Most likely covered in wallpaper. Use your finger and feel around for an indent. I would think it'd be a 1/4" hole as that's what most hole saws use for a pilot drill. Last thing I'd want to do is cut a 4" hole in the wrong place....Dennis

The little hole on the left is for the back panel I took out. The other hole on right is 1/4 hole. It was behind the back wall panel. It’s is closest to sticker saying look for hole 

I will feel around and look for indent 

Edited by JDCrow

From your picture, it appears the wallpaper around the upper hole has been peeled back which is why I 'assumed' it was from a previously mounted device. If it's a 1/4" hole, then it's most likely the correct one. I'd still feel around for an indent just in case....Dennis

I would suggest you get a stud finder to make sure. I installed a Splendide W/D Combo and blindly went ahead and cut a 4" hole thru the wall which was marked by Monaco as the right spot. It was for the superstructure but sadly was two inches off for the vent position in the W/D. Stupid me. I was able to satisfactorily adapt the mismatch with flexible vent hose, but know have to check it each year to make sure it is not gathering too much lint. I should have known vetter.

• 4 weeks later...