Slide hydraulic leak

I have a hydraulic leak on one of the pistons that operate the living room slide. I’ve traced the leak to the tube that houses a piston. Cannot see the piston, but have oil dripping out next to the outboard side of the slide. 
Has anyone attempted to pull the piston out , and is it repairable?

My coach is an 2003 Dynasty 

Before I get up the gumption to pull it,  any advice would be appreciated.

Bob D

Just did one on a friends 2003 Safari Panther on the RR10S chassis and the cylinders came out the pass side...no trimming of anything.  A four slide config may not allow this, but check it out.  Also very important that you synch the new cylinder(s) before operating, or the slide will come in crooked and jam.  HWH online manual has the procedure.

Edited by Twomed

Shade tree here...if leak is minimal, put a diaper on to catch the leak and oil is cheap. After moving, bump the opposite direction to take the pressure off.

I’ve had good luck putting Lucas transmission seal additive in the hoses going to a leaking cylinder on a machine.

I have replaced the slide cylinders on both HWH Slides on my 2003 Signature and had the Slide Cylinder seals replaced by a local Hydraulic repair shop. If I remember rightly it was about $40 per cylinder. Synchronizing the cylinders is important and the HWH Manual has the procedure

Thanks to all for your input. It’s been a great help. 
Tomorrow, we go to work and pull the cylinder,, and may do the other side if all goes well. Considering the sync cylinder as well, assuming it’s the one on the basement ceiling wit a long exposed rod , that runs north/south.. 

Bob

‘03 Dynasty Baroness 40’, 3 slides

As a matter of interest, on my 2003 Signature with 3 slides, the two front slides extend different lengths, the Driver Side extends further than the Passenger Side. Both sets of cylinders are the same length physically but do not extend the same length. The passenger side Cylinders have an internal spacer to eliminate the possibility of extending too far. When you remove them make sure you identify where they came from if you are doing them all at once. 

We just had ours fixed. mobile rv man took cylinder off for us and we took it to a hydraulic shop to be reworked.  it cost $119.00.  Mobile rv man put it back on and it works perfectly. Large slide now works like it was brand new!!!  The trick is to take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop for repairs. We tried three different repairs guys before we made the right choice!  

tufffish

2001 Monaco Signature