2004 KCB C13 Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) Mufflers

I have a 2005 Safari Panther with the C13 KCB engine. Somewhere along the line someone replaced the original muffler with the Aero muffler. I live in CA and because of CA's strict emission laws they will start testing motorhomes for emissions in 2023 and a visual inspection will be part of it. I need to find and install a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) Muffler so I can easily pass emissions. Does anyone know the part number for this engine?

Thanks

Steve

2005 Panther

13 minutes ago, slemnah@sbcglobal.net said:

I have a 2005 Safari Panther with the C13 KCB engine. Somewhere along the line someone replaced the original muffler with the Aero muffler. I live in CA and because of CA's strict emission laws they will start testing motorhomes for emissions in 2023 and a visual inspection will be part of it. I need to find and install a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) Muffler so I can easily pass emissions. Does anyone know the part number for this engine?

Thanks

Steve

2005 Panther

I would start at your engine manufacturer service shops.

In California 

R V or not should not matter.

4 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

I would start at your engine manufacturer service shops.

In California 

R V or not should not matter.

Try

Garageasp.com

They do it all.

11 minutes ago, Karl Hampton said:

Is this new 2023 CA diesel law for sure? I know there was previously an exemption for RV/MH diesels in the law.
Where would I find the new official “new CA law” that does away with the exemption?

The authority 

Call or visit a DMV site or a truck official testing site.

Otherwise it's speculation and hearsay rumors. 

• Like 1

I read that article, doesn’t it say “a draft” of concepts? My question is: When and where did the draft become offical?

.,,,CARB recently released a 52-page draft of their regulatory concepts. We sifted through the legalese and technotalk and put together a synopsis of what we thought would apply to mandatory motorhome emissions testing. What will it mean for both California owners and those who’d like to visit the state? We ran our thoughts under CARB’s nose.

Summary of the new system

Here’s a summary of how the new system will work. That is, at least in terms of how CARB staff envision the matter at this point. ...

23 minutes ago, slemnah@sbcglobal.net said:

Certainly not law as of yet.

Carefully Read the article 

It's a projection of hope.

Not law as I read it.

Call your authorities and stop speculating 

• Like 1

I am getting ready for this because if CARB has spent this much time preparing these regulations then eventually they will be put in place. It will surely follow the same procedures that are followed for a vehicle that has an OBD port and will also include the visual inspection because there are too many diesel owners that want to modify their engines and exhausts by removing EGR valves and DPF systems. I am not looking for arguments or snippy retorts. I simply am looking for a part number so I can be prepared. Honestly I don't like the excessive noise that the Aero muffler makes anyways. I called Monaco and found out that the Monaco part number for my muffler is 01807761 and the manufacturer number is 2015-20A. I am trying to find a cross reference to either number. 

Steve

2005 Panther

To pass CA emissions on any vehicle that is legal all you need is the exact equipment the vehicle came with from the factory and it must be working. No aftermarket chips, turbos or mufflers. All they do now is a visual inspection looking for non-original parts. Wait and see what the final law is.

• Like 1